A crack in the fuel pump feed port can allow pressurized fuel to leak out, increasing the risk of a fire.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump, if necessary, and install a fuel pump cover, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on March 7, 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. The recall number for this recall is Q3V.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
January 25, 2019
Safety Recall: 2017-19 Ridgeline Fuel Pump Cracks or Leak Inspection
|2017-19||Ridgeline||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility|
Certain vehicle cleaning detergents/agents may interact adversely with the fuel pump and feed port, causing cracks that may lead to pressurized fuel leaks.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign. Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory.
Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the customer or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Fuel Pump Cover Kit||17063-T6Z-305||1|
|Fuel Pump (if needed)||17045-TZ5-A10||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|3105J1||Inspect the fuel pump for leaks and cracks. If no leaks or cracks are found, install the fuel pump cover kit.||1.2 hr||6FX00||Q3V00||A19013A||17045-TZ5-A10|
|3105J2||Inspect the fuel pump for leaks and cracks. If leaks and or cracks are found, replace the fuel pump and install the fuel pump cover kit.||1.8 hr||6FX00||Q3V00||A19013B||17045-TZ5-A10|
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Remove the rear seat to gain access to the fuel tank unit. Refer to the service information.
- Remove the fuel tank access panel.
- Clean the fuel pump surface with a clean shop towel, and check for cracks.
Do not use any chemicals to clean the surface, only use a clean shop towel.
- Run the engine for 1 minute to check for fuel leaks.
- Relieve the fuel pressure; refer to the service information. Then, remove the fuel line, and check for cracks at the fuel feed port.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Place the corrugated tubing next to the connector and the corrugated tube on the wiring harness, and cut to fit as shown. Then, wrap a piece of EPT foam tape around the area as shown.
If the corrugated tubing is already against the connector, this step is not needed.
- Install the cover assembly, and make sure the arrow on the cover lines up with the marks on the fuel tank and the cover assembly is fully snapped onto the lock nut.
- Connect the fuel line and the connector as shown.
- Close the lid on the cover assembly.
- Install the fuel tank access panel and rear
- For California residents only: Fill out a Vehicle Emissions Recall – Proof of Correction certificate, and use Q3V as the recall Give the certificate to your customer, and advise him or her to keep it as proof that the recall was completed. Your customer will need to submit this certificate to the DMV only if the DMV requests it. If you need more certificates, use reorder number Y0657.
January 25, 2019
January 25, 2019
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
February 13, 2019