|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
September 18, 2015
02365 Version 1
Security System Sounds or May Not Set
|5FRYD3H..GB000001 to 5FRYD3H..GB007326
|5FRYD4H..GB000001 to 5FRYD4H..GB029373
The factory security system may sound on its own or the system may not set. The client may also notice that the horn does not sound or the lights do not flash when setting the alarm (security system is not set).
|Hood Latch Assembly
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time
|Failed Part Number
|Replace hood latch assembly. (includes HDS diagnosis)
Defect Code: 03214
Symptom Code: 03217
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- If the client complaint is alarm goes off by itself, check the security system history data using the HDS. If the Alarm Device shows Security Hood Switch, go to REPAIR PROCEDURE. If the history data does not show Security Hood Switch, this bulletin does not apply.
- If the client complaint is “Security system will not arm”, “Parking lights do not flash when setting security system”, or “No feedback beep when pressing the lock button twice”. Duplicate the complaint, then check the Body Electrical Data List using the HDS with the hood closed. If the Security Hood Switch signal reads ON (green) go to REPAIR PROCEDURE. If the Security Hood Switch OFF (red), this bulletin does not apply
- Remove the front bulkhead cover. Starting on the passenger side, lift up the far edge of the cover.
- Using even, upward pressure, continue releasing the fasteners, working your way toward the driver’s side of the cover.
NOTE: Make sure all of the fasteners remain in place.
- Remove the hood latch:
- Install the new hood latch in the reverse order of the removal, and apply multipurpose grease as indicated.
- Reinstall the bulkhead cover into position in the reverse order of removal, then press down firmly at each of the 10 fasteners locations until you hear a click.