January 22, 2015
01273 Version 1
Rattle from the Second Row Passenger Seat on Rough Roads
|2014||MDX||ALL with 2WD||5FRYD3H..EB000001 thru 5FRYD3H..EB009288|
|2014||MDX||ALL with SH-AWD||5FRYD4H..EB000001 thru 5FRYD4H..EB019090|
There is a rattle coming from the second row passenger seat while driving on rough roads.
A cable link inside the seat is rattling against the frame.
Turn the clip around on the second row passenger seat so that it is facing to the rear.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|8530B1||Remove the second row passenger seat and rotate the clip on the recline cable.||0.8 hr||15-009N||81310-TZ5-A01|
Defect Code: 08001
Symptom Code: 04201
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Remove the passenger side (right) second row seat from the vehicle.
- Pull back and lift up to remove the inner reclining cover from the seat.
NOTE: It may be helpful to turn the seat upside down to release some of the retainers.
- Remove the hook strips from the suspension wires.
- Remove the remaining hook strips to free the cushion cover from the frame.
- Fold the seat down to remove the cushion cover and pad from the rear frame.
- Pull back the cushion cover and pad and remove the inner reclining cover.
- Inspect the spring and how it is hooked on the clip.
- If the spring eyelet is on the rear side of the clip, this bulletin does not apply.
- If the spring eyelet is on the front side of the clip, go to step 8.
- Remove the cable from the L-bracket on the frame.
- Remove the clip from the pin.
- Rotate and reattach the clip so that the eyelet is now facing to the rear of the seat, then reattach the clip to the pin and the cable to the L-bracket.
- Reinstall the inner reclining cover.
- Reinstall the pad and cushion cover to the rear of the frame.
- Reattach all of the hook strips.
- Reattach the inboard side trim.
- Make sure the cable housings do not touch the frame.
- Reinstall the passenger side second row seat and torque the bolts to 47 N·m (35 lb-ft).