December 3, 2021
Safety Recall: 2022 CR-V Hybrid Left Side Driveshaft
|2022||CR-V Hybrid||All||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
A small number of 2022 CR-V Hybrids were manufactured with front driveshafts that have constant velocity joints (CV Joint) which were improperly manufactured. If the complete driveshaft is not replaced it could result in premature wear, excessive noise, vibration, and over time possible part failure. The affected vehicles will only have a left side front driveshaft that will need to be replaced. No vehicles will require both front driveshafts to be replaced. The VIN inquiry system will identify which vehicle needs the left side front driveshaft to be replaced.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory.
Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the customer or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
Replace left front driveshaft with new part listed in the parts information
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Left Driveshaft Assembly||44306-TMA-H01||1|
|Self Lock Nut||90215-SB0-003||3|
|Drain Plug Washer (18 mm)||90471-PX4-000||1|
|Drain Plug Washer (20 mm)||94109-20000||1|
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|M77 (One tube will repair 12 vehicles)||08798-9010||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|Operation Number||Description||Operation Number||Operation Number||Operation Number||Operation Number||Failed Part Number|
|2191CJ||Replace left front driveshaft assembly only. (Includes time for alignment)||1.1 hr||6DF00||NBW00||A21093A||44306-TMA-H01|
3. Remove the engine undercover.
NOTE: Be careful the ATF may be hot.
7. Disconnect the outboard joint.
- Be careful not to damage the oil seal when prying on the inboard joint.
- Do not pull on the driveshaft, or the inboard joint may come apart.
- When removing the inboard joint from the differential make sure it is straight to avoid damaging the oil seal.
10. Make sure the bearing and spindle are clean of any debris or rust particles using a shop towel and/or compressed air. Then apply about 3 g (0.11 oz) of M-77 Assembly Paste (P/N 08798-9010) to the contact area of the outboard joint and the front wheel bearings.
11. Apply lube to the spindle area of the outboard shaft and insert the shaft thru the knuckle.
NOTE: Do not apply any to the threads of the spindle or nut.
12. Install the lower ball joint and torque to the specified value and the order shown.
13. Install the new spindle nut and torque it to328 N.m (242 lb-ft) using a torque wrench. If you are going to use an Air or Battery Powered Impact Gun to install the nut, make sure to turn down the air or power so you do not overtighten it, then torque it to specification using a torque wrench.
- Check the spindle nut shoulder as shown.
- Be careful not to crack the spindle nut when staking it.
15. Install the front wheel.
17. Remove the filler plug and fill the transmission to the proper level as shown.
NOTE: Using the wrong type of fluid will damage the transmission (e-CVT).
18. Enter the maintenance mode, then start the engine.
20. Turn the engine off.
21. Remove the filler plug with the sealing washer.
NOTE: Be careful not to burn yourself by the hot part.
22. Make sure the ATF level is at the proper level.
- If the ATF is low, inspect and repair any external leaks. If there are no leaks, fill the transmission (e-CVT) with the recommended fluid through the filler plug hole to the proper level. Always use genuine Honda ATF DW-1.
23. Install the engine undercover.
24. Check the wheel alignment.
25. Test-drive the vehicle.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
- Provides the easy removal and installation of the manual shaft (shift lever) seal.
- Draining of the transmission fluid is not required.
- The whole process takes just a few minutes.
- For use on these Transmissions: 727 (36RH) (37RH), 904, 46RE / RH, 47RE / RH, 48RE / RH
- Easy to disassemble: Skip the complicated slide hammer puller sets and pry bar tools that can cause damage to your axle, use this CV shaft tool to easily disassemble the CV shaft, saving your time and energy !
- Material: CV Axle Removal Tool Set made of high-strength hardened steel, which has high hardness, high strength, with stable performance and reliable use and longer service life
- Benefits: Better and Safer than Using a Hammer and Bar because the wedge-shaped fork end of the axle Popper applies uniform pressure to both sides of the shaft To ensure safe release (Two piece CV axle popper tool kit ensures fitment for most FWD vehicles)
- Easy installation: Insert the wedge wheel bearing tool between the transaxle case and the axle joint, and the fork head surrounds the axle end, tap the end of the front fork to release the axle shaft. these axle puller tools are simple, yet powerful, Is your essential tool !
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you're not 100% satisfied with our , please feel free to contact us, simply return it for a full refund in 30 days. Premium Support & 12-Month Warranty.
- ITEM SPECIFICATIONS: This 2-Piece Axle Popper Set includes a 14-inch fork and a shim for quicker, easier, and safer work on front wheel drive vehicles when you need to break half shafts loose from the transaxle. The fork opening measures 1 7/8 inches. Note: This kit is not suitable for use on all vehicles. Check your vehicle specs to ensure proper fit.
- DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS: The two piece design of this kit means that users have multiple options for the safest and most efficient possible use. Strike the axle popper wedge or use it as a prybar to release the half shaft, and when you need something to fill the gap between the half shaft and transaxle, the included shim is the perfect tool for the job. The forked ends of these tools apply even pressure to both sides of the shaft you're working on for safer use, so it's easy to get the job done.
- APPLICATIONS: Whether you're a diy-er working out of your own home or a professional in a transmission shop, garage, or tire or body shop, this kit will allow you to break half shafts loose from the transaxle on front wheel drive vehicles quickly, easily, and safely thanks to the forked design's even pressure application.
- RELIABLE | EFFECTIVE | EFFICIENT: Users trust ARES to be quality tools. You are backed by our Performance Assurance Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you have any issues with your ARES 2-Piece Axle Popper Kit, simply contact customer service for troubleshooting help, parts, replacement, or refund.
- ASPCA BUSINESS AMBASSADOR: We are proud to be part of the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. If you have a pet, you realize they are more than a pet, they are part of the family. With your support, we’re proud to help this great organization.
- EASY BRAKE & BEARING REPAIR: The ABN Axle Remover & Front Wheel Puller Hub Grappler Tool makes for easy brake and bearing maintenance
- WORKS ON YOUR VEHICLE: Compatible fit on domestic and import vehicles with independent front wheel suspension; Use on any vehicle with studs that are inside the drum and has a tapered axle and 4-6 lugs
- VARIOUS APPLICATIONS: Use this hub grappler on 4, 5, or 6 bolt stud design and all non-C lock GM axles
- BUILT TO LAST: Heated pressure screw holds up to tough use; Drive center hole for the wheel studs and are constructed from heat-treated alloy steel that is drop forged for maximum strength and longevity that resists rust and corrosion
- PERFECT SIZE: Yoke and bolt are threaded 5/8-inch x 18 inches to best suit most vehicle applications
- Easy To Remove CV Axle: Use this CV joint puller, You will pull the old stubborn CV axle and get the new axle installed, not need spend a lot of effort, without causing damage to expensive aluminum transmission cases or other components
- Heavy Duty: Our slide hammers are heavier and larger than normal ones, easier to use and work more better, hammer weight is 10.5 lb, is twice the average slide hammer, so the generated pulling force is also twice of a normal slide hammer, length is 19.5 inches, have sufficient length slide to generate more force, slide hammer and the VC join fork is made of heavy duty steel, durable and not easy to break
- Effient Slide Hammer: Our slide and the slide hammer follow ergonomic design, the handle is curved and have a large surface, which use more comfortable. use our CV joint slide hammer, work more efficiently
- Wih 63mm 48mm Joint Fork: Our kit include opening 63mm and 48mm cv joint fork removing adapter, the CV Joint Fork is be threaded internally, and the Slide Hammer stick is threaded externally. the joint fork could fit on the slide hammer stick, 63mm and 48mm fit most vehicle models, have wide use
- Combinnation Kit: This kit include: 1 heavy duty slide hammer; 1 opening 63mm cv joint fork; 1 opening 48mm cv joint fork; 1 manual puller; 2pc 16mm nut. this kit have everthing you need to remove CV axle or half shaft, all the tools put in a plastic case, easy to carry, and we offer 12 months warranty, we will refund or replace, if the tool have any quality problem
- Fits Most Domestic and Import Vehicles
- Yoke and Bolt are Threaded 5/8 Inch x 18
- Heat Teated Pressure Screw for Toughness
- Creates muscle memory for proper hand positioning and grip
- Attaches to most clubs from driver through wedge
- Small enough for your bag
- Perfect for practice or pre-round range sessions
- Built for right-handed golfers
- Application: Compatible with BMW E70 E90 E91 E92 X3 X5 X6 RWD 4WD
- OEM Equivalent Part Number: 335040; 335050; 335060; 335080; 230020
- Function: Use to install and remove the screw nut between the rear drive shaft and the differential, it can also be used to replace the differential shaft seal
- Quality Guarantee: Made of high quality heavy duty steel, high hardness and very strong, not easy to break and deform, The exterior is coated with antioxidant layer to prevent rust, extended service life
- 12 Months Warranty: We offer 12 months warranty, we will refund or replace, if the timing tool have any quality problem
- UILT TO LAST: The package includes a wedge-shaped CV axle fork and a dummy gasket front fork; and made of forged steel for strength, great reliability and long service life.
- SIMPLE EFFICIENT: The axle popper kit helps you to brake half shafts loose from the transaxle on front wheel drive vehicles quickly and easily, saves your time and energy.
- EASY TO OPERATE: Insert fork between transaxle case and half shaft then strike the end of the fork to release the half shaft; Forked ends allow you to apply even pressure to both sides of the axle shaft to ensure a safer release than pry bars and slide hammers.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Both the wedged CV axle fork and the sham spacer fork have a 14" long handle, the split end with a 3.35" wide opening space to fit around your CV axle shaft; Popper wedge starts at a depth of 1/4-inch to fit into tight spaces when working.
- WIDE APPLICATION: The solid steel front fork is designed with an open space that can be installed around your CV axle; the two-piece CV shaft tool kit ensures that it is suitable for most FWD vehicles.
- It can be used as a universal 9-hole shaft separator tool and a CV joint extractor.
- The tool is about 25cm/9.84in long and about 14cm/5.51in wide, which is easy to carry and use. And it can be used to disassemble the drive shaft from the car more easily and quickly.
- Made of high-quality galvanized metal material, it is sturdy and durable.
- The joint puller is fully adjustable and is suitable for most cars.
- Quickly removes the CV joint from the drive shaft without damaging the joint, and keeps hands free for releasing retaining circlip Reduces risk of damage to transmission
Last update on 2022-10-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.