July 10, 2012
Applies To: 2007–11 CR-V – ALL
Exhaust System Squeaks
(Supersedes 08-049, dated August 15, 2008, to revise the information marked by the black bars)
In Applies To, the model year range was changed. Under SYMPTOM, additional information was added. Under PARTS INFORMATION, the part numbers were changed, and a new required part was added. Under REPAIR PROCEDURE, step 7 was changed.
- The steering wheel is turned from lock to lock.
- The A/C is activated.
- The engine has any load applied.
Clean both flanges with an angle grinder and a ScotchBrite Roloc surface conditioning disc, and replace the gaskets.
|Scotch-Brite Roloc Surface Conditioning Disc
(Medium abrasive [maroon] or equivalent) 3M
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time:||0.4 hour|
|Failed Part:||P/N 18229-SLJ-023|
|Skill Level:||Repair Technician|
- Raise the vehicle on a lift.
- Support the TWC with a transmission jack.
- Remove the exhaust flange nuts and bolts.
- Remove the TWC, and discard both gaskets.
- Place the TWC in a vise.
NOTE: Make sure not to bend the pipe or scratch it excessively.
- Stuff a shop towel into the exhaust pipe to keep debris out. Use a 90-degree angle grinder with a Scotch-Brite Roloc surface conditioning disc to remove all old gasket material.
- Install the TWC with new gaskets and new nuts. Torque the nuts to 33 N·m (25 lb-ft) and the bolts to 22 N·m (16 lb-ft).
NOTE: It may be necessary to walk the new exhaust gasket onto the primary catalyst, and then lightly tap the gasket into place.
- Test-drive the vehicle to verify that the squeak is gone.