March 20, 2008
Applies To: 2004–08 TSX – ALL
Front Door Glass Squeaks When Going Up or Down
The left or right front door glass squeaks when going up or down.
|Left-Front Door Glass Inner Weatherstrip||72375-SEA-013|
|Right-Front Door Glass Inner Weatherstrip||72335-SEA-013|
|KTC Trim Tool Set||SQJATP2014|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|8351A4||Replace the left-front door glass inner weatherstrip.||0.4|
|8361A4||Replace the right-front door glass inner weatherstrip.||0.4|
Failed Part: P/N 72335-SEA-013
Defect Code: 03001 Symptom Code: 04205
Skill Level: Repair Technician
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
- Lower the affected door glass two-thirds of the way down.
- Slip a piece of paper or thin cardboard between the glass and the inner door panel weatherstrip.
- While holding the paper in place, move the glass up and down.
- If the squeak is gone, go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- If the squeak is still there, remove the door panel and continue with normal diagnosis for run channel or regulator noise.
- If caused by the inner weatherstrip, the squeak may go away after repeated operation of the door glass but return after several days.
- Do not replace the regulator or the run channel unless the squeak is still there when the glass is moved up and down with the inner door panel removed.
- Refer to page 20-7 of the 2004–08 TSX Service Manual, or
- Online, enter keywords DOOR PANEL, and select Front Door Panel Removal/Installation from the list.