February 1, 2000
Rear Doors Are Hard to Open
The rear outer handle rods are misadjusted.
Adjust the appropriate rear outer handle rod.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time:||0.4 hour – one door|
|Failed Part:||P/N 75411-634-000|
|Skill Level:||Repair Technician|
- Remove the rear door panel and pull the plastic cover down to access the door handle.
- Remove the three latch mounting screws.
- Pull the outer handle away from the door. Do not disconnect the outer handle rod. Place a shop towel in the door handle opening to protect the door from getting scratched.
- Turn the outer handle assembly counterclockwise to adjust the outer handle rod. The end of the rod should be flush with the joint or no more than 1 mm beyond it.
- Reinstall the outer door handle. Torque the door handle mounting bolts to 9.8 N.m (7.2 lb-ft).
- Reinstall the door latch assembly. Torque the latch mounting screws to 6.0 N.m (4.0 lb-ft).
- Reinstall the plastic cover and the door panel.
- Open and close the door several times to make sure it opens normally.