December 3, 2001
Hesitation or Stall at Very Low Speeds
The vehicle may hesitate or possibly stall during very light acceleration when the throttle is opened gradually at extremely low speeds (walking speed). The engine can be immediately restarted. Recurrence is very rare because it requires a unique combination of driving mode, ambient conditions, and gasoline characteristics to exist simultaneously. A customer may describe only experiencing the symptom one time.
A PCM malfunction.
Replace the PCM with an updated unit.
|Powertrain Control Module (PCM)||2000-01||37820-P5A-308|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time:||0.4 hour|
|Failed Part:||7820-P5A-A34 (2000–01)|
|Template ID:||01-044A (2000–01)|
|Skill Level:||Repair Technician|
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
- Remove the passenger’s side door sill molding and right kick panel, and pull back the carpet.
- Remove the PCM cover (four nuts).
- Remove the PCM. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Connect the electrical connectors to the new PCM, and install the new PCM.
- Reinstall the PCM cover. Torque the mounting nuts to 9.8 N·m (7.2 lb-ft).
- Reinstall the carpet and the door sill molding.
- Connect the PGM Tester to the data link connector. Make sure the PGM Tester has software version SN 201 or later.
- Select #5 (IMMOBI) from the MAIN menu.
- From the IMMOBI menu, select #1 (REWRITE).
- From the REWRITE menu, select #2 (ECM) and continue to follow the screen prompts.