January 16, 2007
2007 MDX – From VIN 2HNYD….7H500001 thru 2HNYD….7H502196
Clicking When Turning the Steering Wheel
You hear a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel to the left or to the right.
The combination switch assembly is misaligned.
Realign the combination switch assembly.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
Operation Number: 5103A1
Flat Rate Time: 0.7 hour
Failed Part: P/N 35251-STX-A01
Defect Code: 07406
Symptom Code: 04201
Template ID: 07-002A
Skill Level: Repair Technician
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
NOTE: SRS components are located in the steering wheel and column. Review the SRS component locations and the precautions and procedures before doing this repair.
- With the key still in the ignition switch, adjust the steering wheel to the lowest position, and pull/ telescope it all the way out. Remove the ignition key.
- Remove the steering wheel:
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers:
NOTE: There is no need to remove the cable reel.
- Loosen the three screws holding the combination switch.
- Position the combination switch so that the gap between the combination switch and the green cancel cam is equal all the way around.
- Hold the combination switch while tightening the three screws securing the combination switch in the following order: screw #1, screw #2, and then screw #3.
- Temporarily install the steering wheel, and confirm that the noise is gone. If needed, readjust the combination switch. Remove the steering wheel.
- Reinstall the upper and lower steering column covers:
- Reinstall the steering wheel:
- Do the steering column position memorization: