October 31, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V784000
In the event of a crash, incomplete body welding may provide inadequate protection to occupants, increasing the risk of an injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V784
Potential Number of Units Affected 10
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Pilot and 2019 Passport vehicles. The front frame left and right side upper members may not have been welded completely to the unibody. As such, these vehicles may fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) numbers 208, “Occupant Crash Protection” and 219, “Windshield Zone Intrusion.”
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the vehicle for missing welds, free of charge. If the vehicle is identified as missing welds, the dealer will offer to repurchase the vehicle or provide a similar replacement vehicle. Owner notification began November 6 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda’s number for this recall is X6J.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
November 1, 2019
Safety Recall: Body Welds Missing
|2019||Passport||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility. (only 1 vehicle is affected)|
|2019-20||Pilot||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility. (only 9 vehicles are affected)|
A very limited number of 2019 Passport and 2019-20 Pilot vehicles potentially were manufactured with missing body welds. If a vehicle with missing welds is involved in a crash, the body may not function as designed to protect the occupants, leading to an increased potential for injury or death.
If you do an iN VIN status inquiry, and this bulletin appears as an open campaign, contact your DPSM for assistance. Do not return the vehicle to the customer until it has been inspected by American Honda.
For Immediate Release
- 10 vehicles are affected in the United States; all have now been inspected under the recall
- No further customer notification needed or planned
- No reports of related crashes or injuries; issue discovered during factory inspection
TORRANCE, Calif. – Nov. 8, 2019 – American Honda will voluntarily recall ten model-year 2019-2020 Honda Pilot and 2019 Passport vehicles in the United States to address missing metal welds in the front upper frame members. Each of these vehicles was inspected prior to this recall announcement. Only three affected vehicles, all 2019 Pilots, were delivered to customers prior to the discovery of this issue, and each of those was inspected and appropriate welds were found with no further action required. The remaining seven vehicles were in dealer inventory, and two vehicles still in dealer inventory were discovered with missing welds. Those vehicles will be replaced with new vehicles, for free.
This recall was precipitated by an error introduced into the programming of a robotic welder, deactivating certain required spot welds on the front upper frame members for the first vehicle passing through the welder after it was tested and reactivated. This error occurred multiple times over several weeks before its discovery at the factory. A vehicle without these spot welds may not meet Honda standards for front crash performance if a crash were to occur, increasing the risk of injury to occupants. Additionally, vehicles missing these welds may not comply with federal regulations (FMVSS 208 and 219).
Honda has received no reports of crashes or injuries related to this issue.
As noted above, all affected vehicles were inspected prior to this recall announcement. Thus, Honda does not plan mailed notification for this recall. Owners of these models can confirm their vehicles’ recall status by visiting www.recalls.honda.com or by calling (888) 234-2138.
# # #
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Name of manufacturer:
Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance , CA 90501-2746
Identification of potentially affected vehicles:
|Make/Model||Model Year||Dates of Manufacture||Number of Vehicles|
|Honda Pilot||2019||05/29/2019 – 06/10/2019||4|
|Honda Pilot||2020||07/30/2019 – 09/30/2019||5|
Description of the basis for the determination of the recall population:
The recall population was determined based on manufacturing records. The manufacturing range reflects all vehicles that potentially could experience the problem.
Description of how the vehicles being recalled differ from similar vehicles not included in the recall:
Manufacturing records identified certain production periods during which improper welding processes may have occurred. There is 100% traceability between the production periods when improper welding processes may have occurred and the VIN, such that similar vehicles not included in the recall were not affected by the improper welding processes.
Total number of potentially affected vehicles: 10
Percentage of affected vehicles that contain the defect: 60%
The front frame left-side and right-side upper members on affected vehicles may not have been completely welded to the unibody. Incomplete body welding may adversely affect occupant crash protection, increasing the risk of injury. Affected vehicles may not comply with the requirements of FMVSS 208 Occupant crash protection and/or FMVSS 219 Windshield zone intrusion.
October 14, 2019
A vehicle on the production line was identified as missing welds on the front frame left-side and right-side upper members. Honda immediately launched an investigation.
October 15-17, 2019
The investigation suspected that the missing welds were related to trial testing of a reconfigured production line. Similar vehicles at the manufacturing plant were inspected and an additional two units were identified as missing welds.
October 18-19, 2019
As a confirmatory check, all similar vehicles at the manufacturing plant were inspected for missing welds. No other vehicles were identified.
October 20, 2019
Honda confirmed that certain welding stations on the production line contained inappropriate legacy programming. Honda determined that at the conclusion of the most recent round of trial testing, the restart of mass production created a unique circumstance that triggered the execution of the inappropriate legacy programming. The programming deliberately skipped some welds on the first vehicle on the restarted production line. Because there were prior rounds of trial testing, Honda believes it possible that the first vehicle produced after those rounds of testing were completed could be similarly affected.
October 30, 2019
Honda determined that a defect related to motor vehicle safety existed and decided to conduct a safety recall.
As of October 30, 2019, Honda has not received any warranty claims or field reports, nor any reports of injuries related to this issue.
Program for remedying the defect:
Registered owners of all affected vehicles will be contacted by mail (and other contact methods if available) and asked to take their vehicle to a Honda automobile dealer. If the vehicle is identified as missing some welds, the dealer will offer to repurchase the vehicle or provide a similar replacement vehicle.
Because the new vehicle limited warranty on all affected vehicles would have provided a free repair for the problem addressed by this recall, without any payment by the owner, reimbursement for pre-notification repairs will not be offered.
The estimated date to start notification to dealers: November 1, 2019
The estimated date to start notifications to owners: December 13, 2019
Representative copies of all notices, bulletins and other communications:
A copy of the dealer service bulletin, the final customer notification letter and other dealer communication will be submitted to your office as soon as possible.
A draft of the owner notification letter will be submitted to your office as soon as possible.
Manufacturer’s campaign number: X6J
Next Unread Message View Message
DATE: November 1, 2019
TO: All Honda Sales, Service, & Parts Managers, and Personnel
FROM: Brad Ortloff, Manager of Auto Campaigns and Recalls
Re: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2019 Passport and 2019-2020 Pilot Body Welds Missing
On October 31, 2019, American Honda notified NHTSA of a stop sale and safety recall for ten 2019 Passport
and 2019-2020 Pilot vehicles that may be missing body welds. If a vehicle with missing welds is
involved in a crash, the body may not function as designed to protect the occupants, leading to an
increased potential for injury or death. Refer to your eResponsibility report or do an iN VIN status inquiry to
determine which units in your inventory are affected.
Failure to arrange inspection of a vehicle as necessary prior to sale may subject your dealership to
claims or lawsuits.
Due to a weld robot programming error, vehicles potentially were manufactured with missing body
If you do an iN VIN status inquiry, and this bulletin appears as an open campaign, contact your DPSM for
assistance. Do not return the vehicle to the customer until it has been inspected by an American Honda
There are no parts needed for this campaign.
There are no special tools needed for this campaign.
Service bulletin 19-113, Safety Recall: Body Welds Missing, has been posted to the Service Information
System (SIS) as of November 1, 2019.
American Honda expects to complete customer notification by early December 2019.
As always, be sure to do an iN VIN status inquiry for all vehicles passing through your dealership to
determine eligibility for any open campaigns.
Sent on 11 01 2019 Expires on 01 29 2020
From Brad Ortloff, Manager of Auto Campaigns and Recalls
Subject Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2019 Passport and 2019-2020 Pilot Body Welds Missing
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Page 1 of 1
3 Affected Products
8 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-1
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – November 1, 2019 Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2019 Passport and 2019-2020 Pilot Body Welds Missing
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Miscellaneous Document – Press release – 19V784
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-4
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- EASY TO USE-140 FC-I MIG machine uses 0.30, flux core wire. It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control so you can dial in the perfect weld! Perfect entry level welder
- POWERFUL- Up to 140 Amp output that allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/4 in plate
- PORTABLE WELDER- Lightweight 19 lbs. easily carried to any Do-It-Yourself, Maintenance, Repair, Metal Fabrication and Hobbyist project
- RUGGED- All metal case, Built to take the day to day. Big enough to handle 2 and 10 pound rolls of wire
- WELDER INCLUDES- 8' MIG gun, 8' ground clamp, Integrated handle with torch wrap and a 20A-15A adapter. Backed by a 12-month warranty
- The New Mig 155 GD is perhaps the most capable and versatile MIG welder in its class. Equipped with features designed to meet even the most demanding welding jobs while not breaking the bank. The 155 GD can perform MIG, flux core and DC stick welding as well as the ability to adapt scratch TIG with the optional TIG torch available through our website.
- This latest version of our economy minded 155 amp MIG welder now includes the ability to remove the torch cable and replace it with our aluminum spool gun. After inserting the spool gun a simple flick of the switch inside the welders drive roller housing enables spool gun operation.
- The MIG155GD can run .023, .030, and .035 MIG and flux cord wire. No need to disconnect electrical terminals change polarities. With the Mig 155 GD changing polarity is as simple as swapping the dongle cable from plus to minus dinse connector right on the front of the machine.
- Packaged with multiple drive rollers, both smooth and knurled for flux core welding, a reel of flux core wire, and a gas regulator for MIG welding, along with a stick welding electrode stinger, the MIG155GD is ready to handle most any DC welding needs.
- Portable, capable and versatile, still with the ability to run 120V as well as 240V this little powerhouse is tough to beat. PDF product manual is also available on the Weldpro website. 3 Year Warranty
- IGBT inverter technology, Full 30-205Amp(max) with digital display, reliable quality and stable performance.
- Synergic Control,Automatic change of the voltage & wire feeding speed by adjusting the amperage or choosing different thicknesses
- The MIG-205DS is capable of true lift TIG(need buy extra tig lift torch,not included inside product) welding as well as stick welding ,The MIG-205DS is an intuitive synergically designed MIG/MAG/ Flux Core/ARC/Lift TIG welding machine
- Safety, Automatic Protection Function for Over-current, Over-voltage and Over-heating
- FLUX-CORED WIRE & GASLESS WELDER---This MIG machine uses 0.8-0.9mm flux core wire. Dedicated 110 AC, 60 Hz power input is suitable for mild steel and stainless steel.
- SAFE MIG WELDER---Overheating protection, the machine will stop automatically when overheated. Water splash protection, rated IP21 protection for good waterproof capability. Overload protection, the machine will stop automatically when overloaded.
- WIDE APPLICATIONS---This welder has a comfortable hand grip, easy to start arc, allow weld raw steel, white steel, staircase, metal cage, square pipe, sheet metal. Perfect for home DIY and outdoor repairs
- PORTABLE INVERTER WELDER---Heavy duty stainless steel machine with advanced cooling system, ensure better performance and durability. Lightweight 39.68lbs. Easily carried to anywhere you want.
- LARGE RADIATOR---Heavy-Duty cooling Fan, made with dual-ball bearing to maximise airflow for a cooler environment.
- ★Flux-Cored Wire, Gas Less Welder - Display4top MIG 130 welder machine uses convenient Flux-Cored Wire.Automatic Thermal Safety Protection,suit for welding carbon steel,aluminum,stainless steel etc.
- ★Strong & Durable - Compact and exquisite MIG welder, made of heavy duty stainless steel body, painted with durable red paints, ensure its long-last serving life-span, a strong and durable welding machine for your long term use.
- ★Overload Safety Protecyion - MIG 130 PLUS welder come with a safety feature where the welder is automatically turned off when it it too hot or the volt and current exceed their range. This function will keep you and your welder safe. Internal fan-cooling system,there are fans helping to cooling the welder when working.
- ★Wide Applications - Portable design light weight, easy for translation and storage. Comes with a comfortable hand grip, making it easy for you to carry anywhere you want.It is perfect for home DIY and general repairing work.
- ★Accessories Included - 1x welding gun with on/off safety contro,1 x grounding clamp,1x brush , 1x protection mask and several other small accessories
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder--The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience.
- ★Spool Gun Include-- High-speed MIG spool gun for aluminum welding, 10 feet 4 inches long, 4-prong end connection, 1lb aluminum wire with dia. 0. 9 millimeter included. Can welder 3/16" or thinner aluminum plate.
- ★Reliable and Durable-- Its transformer technology has been proven to be reliable and durable.
- ★Rated Output--175-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 18 Gauge – 1/4"; Aluminum: 3/16" or Thinner. Input voltage: 220/240V AC.
- ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, already include in the package, no need to purchase separate) and other metal materials.
- Synergic Adjustment Function (Software Control):Current and voltage values are intelligent automated matched(voltage value not displayed), more easier for entry level welders.
- Multi-functions in one machine: Suitable for MMA, Lift TIG, flux MIG, gas MIG
- Powerful Machine: Up to 200A output current that can weld mild up to 5/32 inch (4.0mm) plate.
- Big enough to apply to 2 and 10 pounds rolls of wire. Ready to feed .030"(0.8mm) with solid core wire, and .035" (0.9mm)with flux core wire.Can Handle E7018 basic electrode.
- Dual voltage input design: Welding machine can be plugged into 110（120）V / 220(230)V dual voltage (Automatic fitting).
- Weldpro's flagship 200 amp multi function MIG welder with LCD display. Now with exciting new added features and easy access menus offers amazing versatility for more precise welding results. 3 Year Warranty
- The model 210 LCD is also capable of true lift TIG welding (Foot pedal can not be used on this model) as well as stick welding and aluminum welding with the optional spool gun. The MIG 210LCD is not only an intuitive synergically designed MIG / Flux Core welding machine, but now offers the option for total independent voltage and wire speed control.
- MIG, Stick or Lift TIG (*Foot pedal can not be used on this model) welding all from a single compact, space-saving unit. Welding Amperage Ranges230V: MIG: 40-200A; MMA: 20-180A; TIG: 20-180A. 30% at 200 Amp rated duty cycle
- Added new features include in MIG Mode, Run-In, Spot Weld, Gas Choice, Synergic or Full Manual controls, on screen polarity swapping for Flux Core vs Gas MIG. and in Stick (MMA) mode, On screen electrode type choices, Hot Start, and Arc Force.
- Color LCD display easy to read and set amperage and wire speed for repeatable welds every time. VRD high temp and overload protection with indication. User adjustable inductance settings.
- Welds up to 1/8 in. mild steel.
- Plugs into household 115V, 20 amp outlet
- One year warranty on parts and labor.
- Easy to set even for novice users
- Compact, portable and lightweight
- [Multiprocess MIG Welding] gasless(flux core wire) and gas(solid wire) welding :supports 2lbs .030’’ or .040’’ wire to weld over .030’’ thickness carbon steel stainless steel/mild steel.Duty Cycle: 80% at 140A and 100% at 120A(220V),80% at 100A and 100% at 90A(110V).
- [Lift Tig Welding] not high frequency tig mode,just switch to “lift tig”on the panel and buy the WP17V tig torch from our store.Please refer the NO. 4 picture to connect the torch.
- [Spool Gun Available] This RBM-1550D can be connected to a spool torch. (spool gun not included) A handy accessory for welders who do not want to constantly change wire when welding! It is more convenient for welding
- [Stick Welding] switch to “MMA” on the panel and adjust the current as needed,welding well with 3.2mm rod 7018 1/8″, 6013 and 7018 3/32″as well
- [Warranty] buy this welder with confidence as Reboot offers 3-year limited warranty and free consumables guarantee,besides,you will get a local supports for any assistance.Click on the add to cart button now!
Last update on 2021-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-08-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API