June 27, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V500000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V500
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 1,567
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2013 Acura ILX, 2015 RDX, 2005-2010 and 2012 RL, 2009-2014 TL, 2010 and 2012 ZDX, 2007-2011 CR-V, 2011-2013 and 2015 CR-Z, 2009-2013 Fit, 2013 Fit EV, 2010-2011 and 2013 Insight and 2007-2014 Ridgeline vehicles.
These vehicles are equipped with driver frontal air bag inflators assembled as a recall remedy part or replacement service part, that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver frontal air bag inflator, free of charge. The recall began August 12, 2019. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138. Honda’s numbers for this recall are S5B and W59.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
June 28, 2019
Safety Recall: Takata Driver’s Airbag Inflator
|2013||ILX||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
|2015||RDX||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
|RL||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
|2009-14||TL||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
|ZDX||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
NHTSA and its independent expert reviewed the findings of three independent investigations into the Takata airbag inflator ruptures. According to NHTSA, the combination of time, high temperature fluctuations, and humidity contribute to the degradation of the propellant in the inflators. NHTSA has concluded that this degradation can cause the propellant to burn too quickly, creating more pressure than the inflator can withstand, and, in extreme cases, causing the inflator to rupture and send shrapnel through the air bag toward vehicle occupants. NHTSA is prioritizing the recall of air bag inflators based on the risk of injury or death to vehicle occupants.
This is the final phase to this campaign and involves vehicles that previously had the driver’s frontal airbag nondesiccated inflator replaced with a similar non-desiccated inflator (like for like), or an airbag module replaced with one that contained a non-desiccated inflator. This replacement may have been done as part of a recall or other repair. For more information about these inflator recalls, go to www.safercar.gov and use keyword TAKATA.
There are several bulletins with similar years and models. Make sure to do an iN VIN status inquiry and follow the indicated service bulletin.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry and, if indicated, repair the vehicle even though the vehicle may have been repaired under a previous campaign.
If the VIN status inquiry indicates that the vehicle is subject to any open safety recalls, including the front passenger’s airbag inflator, make sure to also complete those recall repairs before returning the vehicle to the client. If you are unable to complete any open recall, advise the client of the recall status and when the recall could be completed.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your used vehicle inventory.
Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the client or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
Replace the driver’s airbag inflator, then return the original, undeployed inflator as directed.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|2013 ILX Driver’s Airbag Inflator Kit||04770-TV9-405||1|
|2015 RDX Driver’s Airbag Inflator Kit||04770-TV9-405||1|
|2005-10, 2012 RL Driver’s Airbag Inflator Kit||04770-SJA-405||1|
|2009-14 TL Driver’s Airbag Inflator Kit||04770-TF0-405||1|
|2010-12 ZDX Driver’s Airbag Inflator Kit||04770-TF0-405||1|
- The inflators appear similar, but may have different rates of inflation. Make sure you install the correct inflator (confirm the part number) for the vehicle you are working on.
- Always use new Torx bolts to install the airbags. The new Torx bolts are coated with threadlock to make sure they do not come loose.
- The inflator kit box must be used to return the old inflator to its supplier. Be careful not to damage the inflator kit box.
- If the defective, undeployed inflator is not returned, the warranty claim for that vehicle will be charged back to your dealership.
- To return the inflator, follow the instructions in PIB B15-0006, Inflator Kit Return Process.
- Parts staff can scan the part number and serial number from the outside of the box into the warranty claim by using the Controlled Part Serial No. screen and scanning the applicable information. Refer to the job aid Ordering and Managing Replacement Inflators for more information.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
- To avoid a warranty claim being charged back to your dealership, the defective, undeployed inflator must be returned to its supplier. Follow the shipping instructions in PIB B15-0006, Inflator Kit Return Process.
- The replacement inflator part number and serial number are printed on the label that should be attached to the RO.
- To avoid non-payment of warranty claims, the new airbag inflator part number and serial number must be included in each claim. For more information, refer to step 6 of REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- The serial number is encoded into the bar code printed on the label inside of the box and on a label attached to the outside of the box. If your dealership uses a scanner, you can scan the serial number from either place into the claim.
- The part number is encoded into a barcode attached to the outside of the box. If your dealership uses a scanner, you can scan the part number into the claim.
- If you confuse the serial number and part number when entering the claim information, your claim will automatically be rejected.
- For more information about scanning and filing airbag inflator recall claims, refer to Ordering and Managing Replacement Airbag Inflators. From the iN, select Service, Warranty, Warranty Claim, then Claims Reference Guide. Under HOT TIPS/TOPICS, select Inflator Claims at a Glance.
|2013 ILX||7521P4||04770-TV9-405||0.6 hr||6ZT00||S5B00||B19043A||77810-TX6-A80ZA|
|2015 RDX||7521P4||04770-TV9-405||0.6 hr||6ZT00||S5B00||B19043B||77810-TX4-A40ZA|
|2009-14 TL||7521P4||04770-TF0-405||0.6 hr||6ZT00||S5B00||B19043D||77810-TX4-A80ZA|
|2010, 2012||7521P4||04770-TF0-405||0.6 hr||6ZT00||S5B00||B19043E||77810-TX4-A80ZA|
Skill Level: Repair Technician
IDENTIFYING COUNTERFEIT AIRBAGS
This section goes over the steps to identify counterfeit airbags and applies to all vehicles in this service bulletin. It is referred to in each vehicle’s repair procedure. Click HERE to watch a video to help identify counterfeit airbags.
- If there is nothing unusual about the airbag or the inflator, continue with the inflator replacement procedure.
- If there are any unusual markings, like an incorrect label or a model year written in marker, the airbag and inflator may not be the correct airbag and/or inflator for the vehicle or it may be a counterfeit part. For more information about counterfeit airbags, you can refer to safercar.gov, enter keywords MANAGING COUNTERFEIT, and select Recommended Dealer Guidance for Managing Counterfeit Air Bags from the list. If you suspect that the airbag or inflator is counterfeit, do not continue this procedure. Contact your DPSM for assistance.
- If the VIN status inquiry indicates that the vehicle is subject to any open safety recalls, including the front passenger’s airbag inflator, make sure to also complete those recall repairs before returning the vehicle to the client. If you are unable to complete any open recall, advise the client of the recall status and when the recall could be completed.
- Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the audio and navigation system (if applicable), then write down the frequencies for the radio’s preset buttons.
- Be careful not to damage any parts when replacing the inflator, and follow the procedure exactly.
- If, before removing the airbag, you suspect that it may be the incorrect airbag for the vehicle or a counterfeit, do not remove the airbag. Contact your DPSM for assistance.
- Make sure you have reviewed the SRS Precautions and Procedures in the service information before doing the REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position and check if the SRS indicator comes on for about 6 seconds, then turns off.
- If the indicator comes on, then turns off after about 6 seconds, turn the ignition OFF, then go to step 2.
- If the indicator does not come on, or if it stays on, contact your DPSM for assistance.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable and wait at least 3 minutes before continuing.
- Remove the driver’s airbag module. Refer to the applicable vehicle’s service information.
- Place the airbag, face-down, on a clean shop towel.
- Visually inspect the airbag and the inflator for any unusual writing or markings. Refer to IDENTIFYING COUNTERFEIT AIRBAGS.
- Peel the label located inside the inflator box from its backing and attach it to the RO. For the warranty claim to be paid, the replacement inflator part number that you received must be included in the warranty claim.
- The replacement part number is printed on the top part of the label and the serial number is printed on the bottom. Make sure you attach the label to the RO and give it to the warranty clerk.
- There may also be a colored sticker located in the kit, ignore it because it is not used.
- Not all inflator kits have a label included. In those cases, write the serial number and part number from the side of the inflator box on the RO. The part number always starts with 047.
- If there is no horn plate installed, go to step 8. If there is a horn plate installed, follow the appropriate procedure below.
7.1 Evenly loosen the three bolts using a 1-inch socket.
Do not lose any of the small rubber washers or springs for the horn plate; they are not available separately.
7.2 Remove the 3 bolts. Make sure you do not drop or lose the 3 black rubber washers.
Click HERE for a video about cutting the horn plate.
If there is no horn plate, go to step 8.
7.1 Using a marker, draw a line on the horn plate as shown.
7.2 Using the snips, cut along the line drawn.
7.3 Take the felt tape and cut it into two pieces. Apply to the cut surface for protection.
- Do not file the metal edges.
- Make sure the felt tape does not interfere with the horn plate or horn plate springs.
7.4 Measure the space between the two copper contacts on the horn plate as shown. The space should be between 1.1 and 1.9 mm.
There is a copper contact on each side of the airbag module.
- If the spaces are within specification, write the measurements on the side of the horn plate.
- If either of the spaces is out of specification, try to correct it. If the space is too large, use a pair of pliers to close the space, or if the gap is too small, use a flat headed screwdriver to open it up so that the copper contacts are within specification. Write down the measurement on the side of the horn plate.
- Using needle-nose vise grips or a 3/8 in. 6-point socket, remove the four locknuts from the inflator. The locknuts will not be reused.
Do not remove the inflator from the airbag until you complete step 9.
- Use shop air to clean any debris that may be on the inflator, then remove the inflator from the airbag.
- Do not allow any debris to enter the inflator opening in the airbag.
- Do not deploy the inflator. The inflator must be returned to its supplier in the box the new inflator came in. Follow the shipping instructions outlined in PIB B15-0006 to return the undeployed inflator.
- Turn over the airbag (inflator side down), and shake it to remove any debris from the inflator opening.
- Install the new inflator in the airbag module.
There may be some minor surface rust or corrosion on the new inflator; this is OK.
Click HERE for a short video about the different variations of the driver’s and front passenger’s replacement inflators involved with the recalls related to Takata inflators. While both the driver’s and front passenger’s inflators are shown in the video, this is informational only. Replace inflators only as directed by the iN VIN status inquiry.
There are four different styles of inflators. Make sure you use the correct installation procedures for the type of inflator you have.
|Type 1 – See 11.1||Type 2||Type 4|
Type 3 inflators are not used in Acura vehicles.
11.1 Type 1 – Check your part number against the ones listed for each installation procedure. Use the correct installation procedure for the part you received.
11.2 Place the inflator into the opening with the inflator harness toward the bottom of the airbag module.
11.3 If the airbag inflator kit came with a label, attach the label to the inflator module as shown, then go to the nextstep.
- Install and torque the new locknuts to 9 N·m (2.8 lb-ft, 34 lb-in).
- If applicable, install the horn plate.
Type 2 Horn Plate
13.1 Make sure the three springs are mounted to the back side of the horn plate as shown.
13.2 Make sure the rubber washers are installed on their respective bolts.
13.4 Install the 3 bolts and evenly tighten to 0 N·m (3.0 lb-ft, 36 lb-in).
Do not over-tighten the bolts because you can break the studs and you will have to replace the airbag module.
- Reinstall the driver’s airbag using new Torx bolts from the kit and torque the bolts to 8 N·m (7.2 lb-ft). Refer to the service information.
- Reconnect the battery negative cable and do the following:
- Start the vehicle and check that the SRS indicator comes on for about 6 seconds, then goes off.
- Give your warranty clerk the RO that includes the replacement inflator serial number and replacement part number.For the warranty claim to be paid, the replacement inflator part number must be included in the warranty claim.
This is an important Safety Recall.
The remedy will be performed FOR FREE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle: 99999999999999999
Dear JOHN SAMPLE,
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
WHAT IS THE REASON FOR THIS NOTICE?
Acura has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2005 – 2010 and 2012 model year RL vehicles. The driver frontal airbag inflator in your vehicle may rupture when deploying during a crash. The potential for such ruptures may occur in some of the subject airbag inflators after several years of exposure to persistent conditions of high absolute humidity. In the event of a driver frontal airbag inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the airbag cushion material striking vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death to vehicle occupants. The risk of such an occurrence increases over time. It is imperative you schedule an appointment with an authorized Acura dealer now to avoid this condition in the future.
CHECK YOUR VEHICLE FOR OPEN RECALLS
You can check your vehicle’s eligibility for repair under this or any other recall. Please access the Acura Recall Lookup tool at www.recalls.acura.com and enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
WHAT WILL ACURA DO?
Acura will replace the driver frontal airbag inflator with an inflator of a different design, free of charge. An illustration showing the location of the driver frontal airbag inflator, which is the only component of the airbag module (other components are the airbag cushion and airbag module cover) that will be replaced, during the recall repair, is shown on the right:
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
Please call any authorized Acura dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle repaired for free. Once you make an appointment to repair your vehicle, be advised that the complete replacement process may take approximately 30 minutes. However, your dealer can provide you with a better estimate of the overall time for this service visit, as it may be necessary to make your vehicle available for a longer period of time. If you are not the only driver of this vehicle, please advise all other drivers and passengers of this important information!
You received this notice because government regulations require that notification be sent to the last known owner of record. Our records are based primarily on state registration and title data, which indicate that you are the current owner of this vehicle. If this is not the case, or if any of the information is not correct, please complete, sign and return the Information Change Card and we will then update our records. If you are a lessor of this vehicle, federal regulations require you to forward this notice to your lessee within ten days.
DO YOU STILL HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
If you have questions or concerns, we encourage you to:
- contact your local Acura dealer; or
- call American Honda’s Customer Support & Campaign Center at 1-888-234-2138; or
- visit Twitter @AcuraClientCare; or
- visit www.recalls.acura.com to use “Ask Us”, our 24/7 virtual agent.
If you believe that American Honda or the dealer has failed or is unable to remedy the defect in your vehicle, without charge and within a reasonable period of time (60 days from the date you first contact the dealer for a repair appointment), you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. Alternatively, you may call the NHTSA toll-free Safety Hotline at 888-327-4236 (TTY 800-424-9153), or go to http://www.nhtsa.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this recall may cause you.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Campaign #S5B / Service Bulletin #19-043
AVISO DE REPARACIÓN
Esta es una campaña de seguridad importante.
La reparación se realizará de forma GRATUITA.
Campaña de seguridad NHTSA 19V-500
Agosto del 2019
CAMPAÑA DE SEGURIDAD IMPORTANTE
Esta notificación aplica a su vehículo: 99999999999999999
Estimado JOHN SAMPLE,
Esta notificación ha sido enviada a usted de acuerdo con el decreto de la oficina de Administración Nacional de Seguridad del Tráfico en las Carreteras (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration o NHTSA por sus siglas en inglés).
¿CUÁL ES EL MOTIVO DE ÉSTA NOTIFICACIÓN?
Acura ha determinado que existe un defecto el cual está relacionado con la seguridad del vehículo en algunos vehículos modelo RL año modelo 2005 – 2010 y 2012. El inflador de la bolsa de aire delantera del lado del conductor de su vehículo se podría romper al activarse durante un choque. El potencial de dichas rupturas puede ocurrir en algunos de los infladores de bolsas de aire después de varios años de exposición ante condiciones persistentes con un alto nivel de humedad absoluta. En caso de que el inflador de la bolsa de aire delantera del lado del conductor se rompa, fragmentos metálicos podrían pasar a través del material del cojín de la bolsa de aire golpeando los ocupantes del vehículo, causando posiblemente lesiones serias o la muerte a los ocupantes del vehículo. El riesgo de dicha ocurrencia aumenta con el tiempo. Es imperativo que programe ahora una cita con un concesionario Acura autorizado, para evitar esta condición en el futuro.
¿QUÉ HARÁ ACURA?
Acura reemplazará el inflador de la bolsa de aire delantera del lado del conductor con un inflador de un diseño diferente, el cual se realizará de forma gratuita. A continuación, se muestra una ilustración de la ubicación del inflador de la bolsa de aire delantera del lado del conductor, el cual es el único componente del módulo de la bolsa de aire (otros componentes son el cojín de la bolsa de aire y la cubierta del módulo de la bolsa de aire) que será reemplazado, durante la reparación de la campaña de seguridad; la ilustración se muestra en la derecha:
¿QUÉ DEBE HACER USTED?
Por favor llame a cualquier concesionario autorizado Acura y haga una cita para la reparación de su vehículo de forma gratuita. Una vez que programe una cita para reparar su vehículo, le avisamos que el proceso de reemplazo completo podría tardar aproximadamente 30 minutos. No obstante, su concesionario le puede ofrecer un mejor estimado del tiempo total de esta visita de servicio, ya que pudiera ser necesario que
su vehículo esté disponible por un periodo más largo. ¡Si usted no es el único conductor de este vehículo, por favor informe a todos los conductores y pasajeros sobre esta información importante!
VERIFIQUE SI SU VEHÍCULO TIENE UNA CAMPAÑA DE SEGURIDAD PENDIENTE
Puede verificar la elegibilidad de su vehículo para que sea reparado bajo esta campaña de seguridad o bajo cualquier otra. Por favor acceda la herramienta “Acura Recall Lookup” en www.recalls.acura.com e ingrese su número de identificación del vehículo (VIN).
INFORMACIÓN DEL PROPIETARIO
Usted recibió esta notificación porque las regulaciones gubernamentales requieren que esta notificación sea enviada al último propietario registrado. Nuestros registros están basados principalmente en los datos de título y registro en el estado, el cual indica que usted es el propietario actual de este vehículo. Si no es el caso o si la información no está correcta, por favor complete, firme y devuelva la tarjeta de Cambio de información anexa y nosotros actualizaremos nuestros registros. Si usted es el arrendador de este vehículo, las regulaciones federales requieren que usted envié una copia de esta notificación a su arrendatario en un lapso de diez días.
¿USTED TODAVÍA TIENE MÁS PREGUNTAS?
Si usted tiene preguntas o inquietudes, le recomendamos que:
- se comuníquese con su concesionario Acura local; o
- se comuníquese con el Centro de Apoyo al Cliente y Campañas de American Honda al 1-888-234-2138; o
- visite Twitter @AcuraClientCare; o
- Para más información también puede visitar www.recalls.acura.com
Si usted cree que American Honda o el concesionario ha fallado o no le es posible reparar el defecto en su vehículo, sin cobro alguno y dentro de un período de tiempo razonable (60 días desde la fecha en que usted contactó por primera vez el concesionario para la cita de la reparación), usted puede enviar una queja a: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. Alternativamente, usted también puede comunicarse con el número de llamada sin costo (Toll-free) Safety Hotline de NHTSA al 888-327-4236 (TTY 800-424-9153), o visitar la página http://www.nhtsa.gov.
Le pedimos disculpas por cualquier inconveniente que esta campaña de seguridad pudiera causarle.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Campaña #S5B / Boletín de Servicio #19-043
For Immediate Release
- Phase 5 to occur ahead of NHTSA schedule due to significant Acura and Honda repair progress on existing recalls and adequate replacement parts supplies to repair all affected models
- Prior to this expansion, Honda’s overall Takata inflator recall completion rate was 83.0%, including yearly scheduled recall expansions since May 2016
- Since Phase 5 primarily includes Takata non-desiccated replacement inflators used in early recall repairs, the total number of recalled Honda and Acura vehicles in the U.S. does not change significantly with this action
1.6 million Honda and Acura automobiles in the United States to replace, for free, Takata replacement front airbag inflators that do not contain a moisture absorbing desiccant. With this final action, taken six months ahead of NHTSA’s schedule, Honda has now recalled all Takata non-desiccated airbag inflators installed in Honda and Acura vehicles in the United States.
The inflators included in Phase 5 were used as replacement parts during early Takata airbag inflator recall repairs or were part of whole airbag modules replaced for other reasons prior to February 2017. Excluding vehicles subject to the earlier Takata driver airbag inflator recalls, only 59 additional Honda and Acura vehicles in the U.S. will become subject to a Takata airbag inflator recall for the first time because of this action.
Honda decided to take this action early, ahead of NHTSA’s planned expansion date in late December 2019, because it has made significant progress with existing recall repairs (83.0% completion rate as of 6/7/2019). The company also has adequate replacement parts, all from alternative suppliers, to repair all affected Acura and Honda models, including those in the expanded population. Thus, owners of affected vehicles should seek repair immediately at authorized Honda and Acura dealers.
In addition, all Honda Gold Wing motorcycles equipped with defective inflators in the U.S. were included in earlier recalls and remain eligible for repair. There have been no Takata airbag inflator ruptures involving Honda motorcycles globally. For more information about the history of Honda motorcycle airbags, please visit http://world.honda.com/MotorcycleAirbag/history/.
Honda is announcing this recall to encourage each owner of an affected vehicle to schedule repair at an authorized dealer as soon as possible. Replacement parts are available, all from alternate suppliers, to begin free recall repairs immediately, and a free rental car is available to the vehicle owner for the day of the recall repair or longer if a replacement part is temporarily unavailable. Mailed notification to owners of recalled vehicles will begin in mid-August 2019. Automobile owners may also check their vehicles’ recall status now at www.recalls.acura.com and www.recalls.honda.com or by calling (888) 234-2138. Motorcycle customers can check recall status at www.powersports.honda.com/recalls or they can call (866) 784-1870 for Honda motorcycle recall information.
Since this recall primarily involves replacement inflators installed in vehicles previously subject to recall, the total number of Honda and Acura vehicles affected by Takata recalls does not change significantly with this action. The total number of recalled inflators does rise to approximately 22.6 million in approximately 12.9 million Honda and Acura automobiles that have been or now are subject to recall for replacement of a Takata driver and/or passenger front airbag inflator in the United States. In addition, approximately 4,540 Honda Gold Wing motorcycles are subject to recall for the replacement of the Takata airbag inflator module. No motorcycle products are involved in the recall announced today.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. ● 1919 Torrance Blvd. ● Torrance, California 90501-2746 ● Phone (310) 783-3170 ● Fax (310) 783-3622
Next Unread Message View Message
DATE: June 28, 2019
TO: All Acura Parts & Service Managers, Advisors and Personnel
FROM: Brad Ortloff, Manager of Auto Campaigns and Recalls
RE: Stop Sale/Safety Recall: 2002-2015 Mul????-Model Acura Driver and Passenger Frontal Airbag Inflator
Yesterday, June 27, 2019, Acura no????fied NHTSA of a stop sale and safety recall for certain model year 2002-2015 Acura vehicles to address
concerns related to specific Takata driver’s and passenger’s frontal airbag inflators that could poten????ally rupture in a crash due to prolonged
temperature cycling and environmental moisture. Refer to your eResponsibility report or do an iN VIN status inquiry to determine which units
in your inventory are affected.
Failure to repair a vehicle as necessary prior to sale may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits.
Click Here to view a special message from Yoshihisa Takatsuka, Senior Vice President of Parts, Service & Technical Opera????ons.
In accordance with the five-phased recall of Takata non-desiccated airbag inflators established by NHTSA in May 2016 (refer to the a????ached
document outlining NHTSA’s overall plan (click here)), Acura has proac????vely expanded the Takata inflator recall ahead of NHTSA’s planned
????ming. The vehicles involved in this phase of the recall were repaired with like-for-like replacement inflator parts in the early stages of the
current driver’s and passenger’s frontal airbag inflator recalls (service bulle????ns 15-033, 15-049, 16-010, 17-004, 16-028, 16-029, 17-001,
17-002, 18-002, 18-003, 18-055 and 18-054) or as part of a service repair that involved a replacement airbag module using Takata
non-desiccated inflators. Over-pressuriza????on in an inflator during airbag deployment could cause the inflator to rupture and eject sharp metal
fragments into the cabin, increasing the risk of injury or death.
Vehicles affected by service bulle????ns 19-040, 19-041, 19-042 and/or 19-043 require removal and replacement of the driver’s and/or
passenger’s frontal airbag inflator.
Parts to support the repair of vehicles affected by this phase of the recall are available through normal airbag inflator ordering process.
Replacement inflators will also con????nue to be offered on Parts Auto Ship.
Note: No new part numbers have been added through this ac????on; service bulle????ns 19-040, 19-041, 19-042 and, 19-043 reference inflators
already available under previous recalls.
Service bulle????ns 19-040: Safety Recall: Front Passenger’s Airbag Inflator Can Be Over-Pressurized (Phase 5), 19-041: Safety Recall: Takata Front
Passenger’s Airbag Inflator (Phase 5), 19-042: Safety Recall: Driver’s Airbag Inflator Can Be Over-Pressurized and 19-043: Safety Recall: Takata
Driver’s Airbag Inflator have beenposted to the Service Informa????on System as of Friday, June 28, 2019. These include parts, repair, and
warranty informa????on related to this recall.
Acura expects to complete ini????al client no????fica????on in August 2019.
For more informa????on about these inflator recalls, go to www.safercar.gov and use keyword TAKATA.
Sent on 06 28 2019 Expires on 09 16 2019
From Brad Ortloff, Manager of Auto Campaigns and Recalls
Subject Stop Sale/Safety Recall:02-15 Multi-Model Acura Dri. and Pass. Front Airbag Infl
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Page 1 of 2
As always, be sure to do an iN VIN status inquiry for all vehicles passing through your dealership to determine eligibility for any open campaigns.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Page 2 of 2
Next Unread Message View Message
Please take a moment to review this important video message from Yoshi Takatsuka with information regarding the Takata airbag inflator recalls.
Click here to watch the video or refer to the post titled, “Takata Airbag Recall Update 6/28/2019 on the Parts,
Service, Sales, or Executive Management landing pages on iN.
Below is the script for your reference:
Hi, I’m Yoshi Takatsuka. Today, I’m going to provide you with an update regarding the final phase of the Takata non-desiccated Airbag Inflator recall.
As you know, this recall is the largest and most complex in U.S. history, affecting 19 automakers and approximately 70 million inflators. For Honda and Acura, we have recalled around 20 million inflators and we have replaced more
than 14.7 million of them.
None of this would be possible without the strong support of our dealers. For that, I sincerely thank you. American
Honda appreciates your commitment to working through this most difficult situation and most importantly, for taking
care of our customers.
Last September, Bruce Smith provided you with details on NHTSA’s phased recall of all Takata non-desiccated phase
stabilized ammonium nitrate airbag inflators. Based on this schedule, affected automakers are required to launch the
fifth and final phase of NHTSA’s planned Takata inflator recalls by the end of this year. The parts identified in this
phase of the recall are non-desiccated Takata inflators that were originally used as replacement parts in the early
stages of the Takata recall. These replacement parts are also referred to as like-for-like replacement parts.
Together, we are making good progress through each phase, and we have a sufficient parts supply from alternative
suppliers, not Takata. As a result, we have decided to launch this final phase of NHTSA’s planned recalls ahead of
schedule. We will begin this final phase at the end of June.
I want to stress a very important point. The parts in this recall are Takata non-desiccated inflators used as
replacement parts. Therefore, most of these customers have already been to your dealerships several years ago for
an inflator replacement. This means these customers may be confused since they believe they have already
completed the necessary recall repairs. To minimize this confusion, please take advantage of all resources available
to you, such as referencing your eResponsibility report and VIN inquiry to identify affected vehicles. We will also
provide updated service bulletins with step-by-step instructions for repair, parts ordering and claim submission.
Please make sure dealer personnel follow instructions carefully to ensure proper completion of recall repairs.
Finally, again, I want to express my appreciation for your efforts to repair these vehicles and make our customers
safety the #1 priority. Thank you.
Sent on 06 28 2019 Expires on 08 01 2019
From Yoshi Takatsuka, Senior Vice President of American Honda’s Parts, Service and Te
Subject Takata Airbag Recall Update 6/28/2019
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Page 1 of 1
Name of manufacturer:
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Honda de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. Honda Manufacturing of Alabama LLC Honda Manufacturing of Indiana,
LLC Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Honda of America Mfg., Inc. Honda of Canada Mfg.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. 1919 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90501-2746
Identification of potentially affected vehicles:
Make/Model Description Dates of Manufacture Number
of Vehicles Acura ILX Certain 2013 model year 11/07/2012 to 11/07/2012 1
Acura ROX Certain 2015 model year 04/03/2014 to 04/03/2014 1
Acura RL Certain 2005 model year 07/26/2004 to 06/10/2005 49
Acura RL Certain 2006 model year 08/31/2005 to 07/07/2006 32
Acura RL Certain 2007 model year 09/13/2006 to 05/21/2007 17
Acura RL Certain 2008 model year 06/21/2007 to 12/03/2007 17
Acura RL Certain 2009 model year 03/28/2008 to 03/19/2009 7
Acura RL Certain 2010 model year 06/03/2009 to 04/07/2010 5
Acura RL Certain 2012 model year 03/20/2012 to 03/20/2012 1
Acura TL Certain 2009 model year 03/26/2009 to 03/26/2009 1
Acura TL Certain 2010 model year 10/28/2009 to 07/23/2010 3
Acura TL Certain 2011 model year 10/08/2010 to 10/08/2010 1
Acura TL Certain 2012 model year 03/23/2011 to 05/11/2012 5
Acura TL Certain 2013 model year 07/31/2013 to 07/31/2013 1
Acura TL Certain 2014 model year 02/19/2014 to 02/19/2014 1
Acura ZDX Certain 2010 model year 03/02/2010 to 05/19/2010 2
Acura ZDX Certain 2012 model year 08/11/2011 to 08/11/2011 1
Honda CR-V Certain 2007 model year 07/25/2006 to 09/17/2007 279
Honda CR-V Certain 2008 model year 08/23/2007 to 09/30/2008 284
Honda CR-V Certain 2009 model year 08/18/2008 to 09/11/2009 136
Honda CR-V Certain 2010 model year 08/19/2009 to 10/02/2010 134
Honda CR-V Certain 2011 model year 08/23/2010 to 11/22/2011 182
Honda CR-Z Certain 2011 model year 11/26/2010 to 11/26/2010 1
Honda CR-Z Certain 2012 model year 04/17/2012 to 04/17/2012 1
Honda CR-Z Certain 2013 model year 11/15/2012 to 03/27/2013 2
Honda CR-Z Certain 2015 model year 06/17/2015 to 07/15/2015 3
Honda Fit Certain 2009 model year 07/29/2008 to 08/18/2009 71
Honda Fit Certain 2010 model year 09/04/2009 to 10/12/2010 43
Honda Fit Certain 2011 model year 11/08/2010 to 07/27/2011 22
Honda Fit Certain 2012 model year 09/18/2011 to 06/28/2012 27
Honda Fit Certain 2013 model year 07/17/2012 to 12/06/2013 26
Honda Fit EV Certain 2013 model year 04/11/2013 to 04/11/2013 1
Honda Insight Certain 2010 model year 02/18/2009 to 07/27/2010 30
Honda Insight Certain 2011 model year 11/12/2010 to 02/22/2011 3
Honda Insight Certain 2013 model year 11/19/2012 to 12/05/2012 3
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2007 model year 06/08/2006 to 05/29/2007 66
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2008 model year 06/08/2007 to 07/17/2008 73
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2009 model year 08/28/2008 to 07/22/2009 11
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2010 model year 10/07/2009 to 06/05/2010 15
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2011 model year 06/17/2010 to 12/02/2010 2
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2012 model year 12/08/2011 to 05/23/2012 3
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2013 model year 01/02/2013 to 07/17/2013 3
Honda Ridgeline Certain 2014 model year 06/25/2014 to 06/25/2014 1
Description of the basis for the determination of the recall population:
According to the May 4, 2016 Amendment to the November 3, 2015 Consent Order, the fifth
phase of the Takata DIRs that affect the subject vehicles (Priority Groups 11-12) are not
scheduled until late 2019. However, in consideration of a sufficient supply of final remedy
inflators, and upon consultation with the NHTSA, Honda is further accelerating the launch of the
remedy for these vehicles ahead of the late 2019 scheduled Takata DIRs.
The recall population was determined based on dealership warranty, repair order, and service
parts records. The production range reflects all possible vehicles that could potentially
experience the problem.
Description of how the vehicles being recalled differ from similar vehicles not included in
This recall is specific to vehicles that received a PSDI-5 driver’s airbag inflator either as a recall
remedy part or as a replacement service part (replacement driver’s airbag module containing a
PSDI-5 inflator). Similar vehicles not included in this recall either were repaired with a driver’s
airbag inflator from an alternative manufacturer, or are currently subject to an open driver’s
airbag inflator recall.
Identification of affected component:
Component: Driver’s Airbag Inflator (PSDI-5)
Part No.: CR-V 77810-SWA-A70ZA ILX 77810-TX6-A80ZA
CR-Z 77810-SZT-A80ZA RDX 77810-TX4-A40ZA
Fit / Fit EV 77810-TK6-A80ZA RL 77810-SJA-A82ZA
Insight 77810-TK6-A80ZC TL 77810-TX4-A80ZA
Ridgeline 77810-SJC-A60ZA ZDX 77810-TX4-A80ZA
Country of Origin: USA
Manufacturer: T.K. Global LLC
Total number of potentially affected vehicles: 1,567
Percentage of affected vehicles that contain the defect: 100%
According to the May 4, 2016 Amendment to the November 3, 2015 Consent Order, Takata
agreed to conduct recalls on a rolling basis for a defect in all driver and passenger inflators that
contain a PSAN-based propellant, and do not contain a moisture-absorbing desiccant.
Specifically, a defect related to motor vehicle safety may arise in some of the subject nondesiccated
PSAN inflators due to propellant degradation occurring after prolonged exposure to
high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling. Activation of a nondesiccated
PSAN inflator with degraded propellant may result in an inflator rupture. An inflator
rupture may cause metal fragments to pass through the air bag and into the vehicle interior at
high speed, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
May 29, 2019
In consideration of a sufficient supply of final remedy inflators, Honda consulted with the NHTSA
about advancing the recall launch of Priority Groups 11-12 vehicles.
June 20, 2019
Honda determined that a defect related to motor vehicle safety existed and decided to conduct a
safety recall ahead of the fifth phase of the Takata DIRs scheduled for late 2019.
Program for remedying the defect:
The owners of all affected vehicles will be contacted by mail and asked to take their vehicle to
an Acura or Honda automobile dealer. The dealer will replace the driver’s airbag inflator with a
new inflator, free of charge.
The estimated date to start notification to dealers: June 28, 2019
The estimated date to start notifications to owners: August 12, 2019
Representative copies of all notices, bulletins and other communications:
A copy of the dealer service bulletin, the final customer notification letter and other dealer
communication will be submitted to your office as soon as possible.
Proposed owner notification letter submission:
A draft of the owner notification letter will be submitted to your office as soon as possible.
Manufacturer’s campaign number:
S5B: Acura ILX, RDX, RL, TL, and ZDX
W59: Honda CR-V, CR-Z, Fit, Fit EV, Insight, Ridgeline
42 Affected Products
17 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject Takata Airbag Recall Update 6/28/2019
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Subject Takata Airbag Recall Update 6/28/2019
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
DEFECT INFORMATION REPORT
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-1
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-4
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Amended Defect Information Report
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2019-3
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) – W59
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) – S5B
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 🚩2021 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 📀【ABS&SAS&SRS SCANNER】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag OBD2 scanner does not only provides accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults , but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: It can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 📀【ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. You can use this diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 📀【ACTIVE TEST】The OBD scan tool temporarily allow you to active or control ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saving your time and labor costs.
- 📀【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide, Which makes it suitable for both mechanic and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 📀【UPGRADE AND NO WORRIES】The update tool FoxAssist allows you update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is a technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours.
- ABS/SRS OBD2 Scanner 🚗 Enjoy this OBD2 scanner to reveal exact issues underlying in your brake, airbag, and engine systems, test individual ABS/SRS sensors, valves, or solenoids to quickly locate malfunctions (compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, USA Ford), making sure critical safety systems work in perfect harmony together against unexpected accidents to be safe than sorry.
- 3 Most Needed Service Functions 🚗 This code reader guides you through step by step procedures to reset oil service light and programmed mileage intervals for engine efficiency ➤Oil Reset; to calibrate steering wheel position for vehicle’s traveling in a straight line ➤SAS Reset; to clear the original low battery fault information against coming battery failures or damage ➤BMS Reset; saving your needless visits to mechanics.
- Full OBD2 Diagnostics 🚗 Say goodbye to the hassle of manual check-ups via this check engine code reader. Quickly correct Check Engine Light warning on most OBD2/CAN compatible vehicles. Easily access to your emission status with one simple click I/M Readiness; and being filled with features for live data readings, freeze frame data, plus EVAP system, onboard monitor test means this scan tool checks all daily car care boxes.
- Thrives on Simplicity 🚗 Red-Yellow-Green LEDs in this OBD2 scanner quickly show the overall DTC status without toggling through menu selections. ➤HELP hotkey takes you directly to detailed descriptions/tips. Read/Erase DTC, I/M readiness shortcuts are added for optimized operation, along with DTC Lookup library for interpreting codes, designing the OBD2 code reader a pleasure to use right out of the package even for beginners.
- 24/7 Helpful Service 🚗 Get instant, free lifetime access to the most recent updates to add new car models and troubleshooting bugs making the srs code reader a long-term investment for any home mechanics. 🚩The 1 year of quality assurance sweetens the worry-free deal even further. Multilingual Menu: English, French ,German ,Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Italian.
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS] - Not only diagnose the engine system but also performs full detection on vehicle's other 3 main ECU systems (Transmission, ABS, Airbag(SRS)). Reads & erases fault codes, turns off warning lights, and reads live PCM datastream on these 4 systems.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] - Read/clear error codes, DTC look-up, do smog tests including I/M readiness, O2 sensor test, etc. will keep your mind from worrying about whether the data about emission exceeds the standard values. It also reads freeze frame data, does EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADVANCED DATASTREAM GRAPH] - Reads and displays live data stream in one graph for the 4 systems (Engine, AT, ABS, SRS), allows you to add 4 parameters in the meantime to show the live data, which is intended to help you quickly find potential problems of the vehicle.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] - Compatible with over 46 vehicle makers for a complete car diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN] - Equipped with an intuitive interface, 3.5-inch TFT color backlit large screen, 2 cutouts in the back for holding easily, strong rugged anti-slip rubber housing. Supports lifetime free update and print online via an update software tool downloaded from ANCEL website.
- 【2021 UPGRADED VERSION OF CRP123X/CRP129/VII+】: This scan tool with 5 more reset services (Oil/EPB/SAS/TPMS & Throttle Body Reset) compared with VII+&CRP123X, a larger 5” touchable HD 720P screen and keypad design for better operation, Android 7.0, battery voltage test, 6100mAh rechargeable battery,32G memory, AutoVIN and automatic printable Inspection report help you get diagnostic information efficiently and effectively. One-Click Update make you can use the newest software all time free.
- 【5 RESET SERVICES + AUTOMATIC AUTO VIN SCAN】: This code reader covers 5 most commonly used special reset functions including OIL/EPB/SAS/TPMS reset, and Throttle Adaptation to maintain your vehicle systems safely and efficiently, with the Automatic Autovin Scan, this obd2 scanner provides quick and accurate vehicle identification via auto VIN scan, helping you pinpoint the cause issue quickly by reading codes, freeze frame and real-time live data.
- 【FOUR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS+ BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST】: This diagnostic scanner works for Engine, Transmission, ABS, and SRS diagnoses, read/clear trouble codes, show live data stream, turn off the warning light related, besides. Graph the real-time battery voltage will be easier and intuitive for the real-time monitors to check if the battery is in good condition. It does not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after the problem is fixed.
- 【GREAT COMPATIBILITY + ONE-CLICK UPDATE 2021 LATEST SOFTWARE】One-click WiFi free updates on the internet for a lifetime allows you have the latest bug fixes, new vehicles, newly added parameters, and functionality. Extensive vehicle coverage Includes 57 vehicle makers, works on most vehicles after 1996 and up to 2019, 2020,2021, It supports Diesel (12v only), 12V passenger car, pickup, and light-duty truck, SUV, gasoline, Minivans, compatible with OBD2/OBD1/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols.
- 【FULL OBD2 COMPLIANCY + DATA RECORD & PLAYBACK】: This diagnostic tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII functions such as I/M Readiness Status, Live Data Graphing, MIL turn-off, Freeze Frame, Read vehicle information,2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6). the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem. Data record, playback, and printable Inspection report (share via email) make diagnostic information easily at your hands
- 【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the vehicle’s ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. To get real-time tech-support, please email: ❤AutelUS @ outlook . com❤
- 【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present, DTC Lookup.
- 【Easy to Perform AbsSrs】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure: 1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. 2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear. 3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen. 4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage. From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】AL619 supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo.
- 【Free Life-time Updates & Print Data】Get AL619, it will comes with Free lifetime software update online. You can download the newest software anytime. The Print Data function allows printing out diagnostic data recorded by the scan tool or customized test reports by connecting the scan tool to a PC or laptop with the USB cable supplied.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】: The scan tool works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) including GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Nissan,Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Land rover, Jaguar
- 【WIDE CODES DIAGNOSIS】: The vehicle code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
- 【GRAPH LIVE DATA DISPLAY】: The diagnostic tool views freeze frame data; Reads, stores and playbacks live PCM data stream and live sensor data; Graphs data; Prints data via PC
- 【ONLINE UPDATE INCLUDED】: The obd2 scanner is Internet updatable and upgradable, we offer 12 months warranty insurance.
- 2021 New Elite Version Launch crp129e is upgrade version of launch crp123/launch crp123e/launch viii, One-Click update , 5 Years warranty, Fast delivery by amazon. ( ps .Contact seller “kingbolen” to get free Gift) Choose launch crp129e, more great functions waiting for you.
- 【Compared with launch VIII, What does launch crp129e upgrade】the launch crp129e obd2 scanner add two more reset service TPMS & Throttle Body Reset. crp129e code reader built with large 5" touch HD screen, One-Click WIFI Update, make you can use the newest software all time free, battery voltage test, 6100mAh rechargeable battery, AutoVIN scan, automatic generate vehicle health report diagnostic report, data print via email share, google search DTC online.
- 【FOUR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC + LIVE DATA IN GRAPHING + DATA RECORD AND PLAYBACK】: Launch crp129e diagnostic tool read and reset Engine, Transmission, ABS and SRS system, turn off the warning light related. Live data in graphing, record the live data stream for up to 10, simultaneous, PID's. Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. Playback supports two graphs (independent) or 4 PID's graphed.
- 【5 RESET SERVICE + BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST + FULL OBD2 MODES TEST +HEALTH REPORT PRINT】: This scan tool can do Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake,TPMS Reset, Throttle Position Reset, performs real-time battery monitoring/graphing . Reset DTC, I/M Readiness Status,O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test etc. ALL diagnostic data can be record and generate to diagnostic report which can be shared to email then print on computer.
- 【LIFETIME FREE UPDATE ONLINE + WORK ON 57 VEHICLE BRANDS + 9 LANGUAGES SUPPORTED】: Launch crp129e diagnostic scan tool works on most vehicles after 1996 compliant with OBD2 protocols , more than 57 brands and over 10000+ cars, muti languages support English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean. Launch crp129e code reader support lifetime free update online by connecting wifi, it keep you can use the newest software all the time.
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea】: Top preset choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend.EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with protective case with rugged and handy design.Get NT604 Elite car code reader and give your lover a surprise!
- 🎄【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2021 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2021 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will turn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those OBDII code reader (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite obdii scan tool not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an obd code reader, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car diagnostic scanner for all cars with reset will allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one. What’s more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe).You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 【ABS+SRS】In addition to emission-related OBDII codes, this innova 6200P OBD2 scanner provides you with ABS&SRS diagnostic functions and a full-function OBD fault code diagnostic system. when the Traction light is constantly on, the ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Battery Reset+Oil Light Reset】This innova 6200P OBD2 scan tool can evaluate the battery charge state, monitor the closed-circuit current, register the battery replacement, etc, the 6200P code reader can also reset your oil maintenance light and view important maintenance information necessary for servicing your vehicle .
- 【Battery & Charging System Test】 The innova 6200P code reader can check to see whether your battery and alternator are in good condition or need replacing, this innova 6200P diagnostic tool is designed to work on all OBD2 compliant vehicles, all 1996 and newer vehicles (cars, light trucks and SUVs) sold in the United States are OBD2 compliant.
- 【Check Engine Light+Live Data】The 6200P OBD2 scanner shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hotkey to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc. See essential information about your vehicle in real-time (e. g. RPM, oil temp, etc.) to aid in diagnosis.
- 【Warm Tip】Dear customer, Your Innova's screen is with a tightly-fitting screen protector. If any scratches are found, just tear off the screen protector from the upper left or upper right corner. 🙂 if you are not pleased with your innova 6200P obd2 scanner and choose to return it, please kindly mark it unsellable to avoid an used one is resold again to other customers. Appreciate very much!
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-07-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API