July 10, 2015
01763 Version 1
I-MID Displays “Camera Too Hot” Message
|2014||RLX Sport Hybrid||ALL||ALL|
When attempting to use LDW/FCW or LKAS, the i-MID displays a Camera Too Hot message.
The windshield-mounted multipurpose camera overheats in the sun due to a lack of internal venting. This delays when LDW/FCW or LKAS can be used.
Replace the camera cover with a new one. The new cover is vented to provide better airflow around the camera.
NOTE: This repair procedure will not eliminate the message. Have the service consultant explain to your client that this vented replacement cover is only an improvement for better airflow around the camera. Depending on the temperature in the vehicle, the Camera Too Hot message may still come on but for a shorter period.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Camera cover (Advanced trim)||76410-TY2-305||1|
|Camera cover (Tech and other trims)||76410-TY2-A31||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|8201E4||Replace camera cover. (Tech and other trims)||0.3 hr||15-022N||76410-TY2-A21|
|8201E5||Replace camera cover. (Advanced trim)||15-022P|
Defect Code: 03214
Symptom Code: 02204
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Remove the camera cover lid.
- Remove the camera cover.
- Install the new camera cover in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: To help your client reduce high interior temperatures that can cause the Camera Too Hot message to come on, pass these tips to the service consultant:
- Park the vehicle in the shade or face it away from the sun.
- Use the climate control system to cool down the interior, and if necessary, the defroster mode when windows are fogged. For best results, adjust the middle dash vent to direct airflow toward the camera.
- Start driving the vehicle to lower the windshield temperature; this cools down the area around the camera.
- Use the remote engine start feature (if equipped) to open all the windows before entering.