May 13, 2015
A15050B Version 1
Soft Set or Bad Connection at C505 Can Cause Various Electrical Problems
EDITOR’S NOTE: This article replaces “No DVD Picture, No Compass Calibration, Security Alarm Goes Off,” posted in August 2013.
A soft set or bad connection at C505 in the right A-pillar can cause any or all of these symptoms:
- No picture on overhead screen (any source)
- No sound from wireless headphones (any source)
- Compass won’t calibrate (models without navigation)
- Security system alarm randomly goes off
- Interior lights flicker
- Rear climate controls won’t work
- No image in rearview monitor (if equipped)
- Rearview mirror won’t automatically dim
NOTE: Any of these symptoms can be intermittent.
To fix this problem, check the connector and reset it if needed. If the connection is good, continue with normal troubleshooting.