March 6, 2015
Applies To: 2009–12 RL – ALL
(Supersedes 10-021, dated August 17, 2010, to revise the information marked by the black bars)
- Under Applies To:, 2011–12 model years were added.
- Under CORRECTIVE ACTION, the second paragraph was changed.
Moisture, fogging, or small water droplets are visible inside one or both taillights. and it does not dry up even after several days of dry weather.
NOTE: Although the updated taillights are an improvement, they are not sealed units. They are vented to allow a free exchange of air, so some moisture in the taillights under some conditions is normal.
High humidity plus insufficient ventilation causes condensation in the taillight(s).
|Drain Tube Kit: P/N||06335-TM8-305|
|Left Taillight Assembly: P/N||33550-SJA-A13|
|Right Taillight Assembly: P/N||33500-SJA-A13|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|7141C0||Replace one taillight.||0.2|
|7141C1||Replace both taillights.||0.4|
|7140A7||Install a drain tube kit on one taillight.||0.2|
|7140A8||Install a drain tube kit on both taillights.||0.4|
The normal warranty applies.
|Skill Level:||Repair Procedure|
- Check the taillights to see if they been replaced with updated taillights (with slots).
- Open the trunk lid, and remove the taillight lid.
- Remove the two bolts from the taillight.
- Remove the maintenance lid in the trunk and the special nut from the taillight.
- Slightly pull out the taillight, turn the bulb sockets 45 degrees counterclockwise to disconnect them, then remove the taillight.
- Install drain tubes where the two rubber vent caps were removed. After installing the drain tubes, make sure they face each other at about 45 degrees from vertical as shown.
- Reinstall the bulb sockets, the taillight, the special nut, the two bolts, and the maintenance lid.
- If the other taillight has moisture in it, repeat steps 1 thru 7 on that side.