If in the event of a crash, the seat belt cannot restrain the occupant they have an increased risk of being injured.
As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
The recall is expected to begin July 24, 2017.
Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-888-234-2138.
Honda's number for this recall is KF7.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
June 23, 2017
06923 Version 1
Non-Compliance Recall: 2018 Odyssey 3rd Row Center Seatbelt Tongue
|2018||Odyssey||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
During 3rd row center seatbelt assembly, the supplier may have installed an incorrect seatbelt tongue which will not allow the center seatbelt to buckle or latch correctly.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory. New vehicles are subject to a federal stop sale requirement.
Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the customer or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
NOTE: An extremely small percentage of vehicles will require a new center seatbelt. Order the center seatbelt only after confirming that a replacement part is needed.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Center Seatbelt Set||04829-THR-A00ZA||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Defect Code||Symptom Code||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|8555A3||Inspect the seatbelts.||0.2 hr||6SF00||KF700||17-055A||04829-THR-A00ZA|
|8555A3||Inspect the seatbelts.||0.2 hr||6SF00||KF700||17-055B||04829-THR-A00ZA|
|A||Replace the seatbelt retractor.||0.2 hr|
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Latch all three 3rd row seatbelts and confirm they all buckle or latch into their corresponding buckles. NOTE: The center seat belt buckle is labeled “CENTER”.
- If the center seatbelt did not latch, go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- If all 3 seatbelts latched securely, the vehicle is OK. Unlatch the seatbelts and reinstall the center seatbelt in the ceiling storage slots.
- Partially remove the trunk seal above the rear hatch opening.
- Remove the cargo light lens.
- Remove the bolts and disconnect the cargo light connector.
- Remove the roof trim.
- Push the tongue and anchor through the roof trim.
- Remove the cargo light coupler.
- Remove the center seatbelt assembly anchor bolts.
- Remove the seatbelt retractor.
- Install a new seatbelt retractor, torque the bolts to 39 N⋅m (29 lb-ft).
- Confirm the center seatbelt securely latches into the center buckle.
- Install all removed parts in reverse order of removal.
- Unlatch the seatbelts and reinstall the center seatbelt in the ceiling storage slots.