August 15, 2006
Applies To: 2005–06 RSX – ALL
Clunking Noise While Turning
The front suspension makes a clunking noise while turning.
The front springs are moving on the spring seats.
Replace both front springs, and do a four-wheel alignment.
|RSX Type S|
|Right-Front Spring: P/N||51401-S6M-A52|
|Left-Front Spring: P/N||51406-S6M-A52|
|Right-Front Spring: P/N||51401-S6M-C02|
|Left-Front Spring: P/N||51406-S6M-C02|
|Right-Front Spring: P/N||51401-S6M-J02|
|Left-Front Spring: P/N||51406-S6M-J02|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time:||2.1 hours|
|Failed Part:||P/N 51401-S6M-306|
|Template ID:||06-026A (RSX Type S)
06-026B (RSX M/T)
06-026C (RSX A/T)
|Skill Level:||Repair Technician|
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
- If you hear a clunk, go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- If you do not hear a clunk, continue with troubleshooting. This bulletin does not apply.
- Replace the front springs.
NOTE: Be sure the wrapped or insulated end of the spring is installed against the spring seat.
- Refer to page 18-20 of the 02–06 RSX Service
- Online, enter the keyword SUSPENSION, then select Front Damper/Spring Replacement from the list.
- Do a four-wheel alignment.
- Test-drive the vehicle to make sure the noise is gone.