January 14, 2015
Gurgle or Chirp from Under Hood at Cold Start-Up
|2012−14||TL||ALL with A/T||ALL|
There is a gurgle or chirp from under the hood at cold-start-up.
There is a restriction in the ATF filter.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|ATF DW-1 (1-quart bottle)||08200-9008A||4|
|Sealing Washer (24mm)||11107-PWA-300||1|
|Drain Plug Washer (18mm)||90471-PX4-000||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|218184||Replace ATF filter and ATF.||0.6 hr||14-049N||25430-PLR-003|
Defect Code: 07403
Symptom Code: 04201
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the cooling fans cycle twice), then turn the ignition to OFF.
- Remove the engine compartment covers.
- Remove the air cleaner. Do not remove the battery.
- Remove the intake air duct.
- Raise the vehicle on a lift and make sure it is securely supported.
- Remove the drain plug and sealing washer, then drain the ATF.
- Install the drain plug with a new sealing washer and torque the drain plug to 49 N∙m (36 lb-ft).
- Disconnect the ATF cooler hoses from the ATF filter.
- Remove the bolt from the ATF filter holder and remove the holder and filter.
- Install a new filter, then install the filter holder and bolt. Torque the bolt to 12 N∙m (8.7 lb-ft).
- Connect the ATF cooler hoses.
- Remove the ATF filler bolt and sealing washer.
- Refill the transmission with about 3.1L (3.3 qt) of ATF.
- Install the ATF filler bolt with a new sealing washer. Torque the bolt to 44 N∙m (33 lb-ft).
- Make sure the fluid level is between the upper and lower mark on the ATF dipstick.
- Install the intake air duct.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Install the engine compartment covers.
- Reset the Maintenance Minder.
- Connect the HDS and turn the ignition to ON.
- Select BODY ELECTRICAL, ADJUSTMENT, and MAINTENANCE MINDER.
- Select RESET and MAINTENANCE SUB ITEM 3 RESET.