|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
December 11, 2001
Applies To: 1999–2001 Odyssey – ALL
Inaccurate Odyssey Fuel Gauge
Sulfur deposits from the fuel affect the resistance of the fuel gauge sending unit.
Replace the fuel gauge sending unit.
|Fuel Gauge Sending Unit: P/N
|Base Gasket: P/N
|Fuel Line Retainer (return): P/N
|Fuel Line Retainer (feed): P/N
|Sealing Washer: P/N
|Sealing Washer: P/N
REQUIRED SPECIAL TOOLS
|Fuel Sender Wrench:
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|Flat Rate Time:
|P/N 17630-S0X-A02 H/C 6183305
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
- Remove the second row seats.
- Pull back enough of the rear carpet to expose the access panel on the floor.
- Remove the access panel.
- Make sure the ignition switch is off, then disconnect the 5P connector from the top of the fuel pump assembly.
- Remove the fuel fill cap.
- Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-208 of the 1999–02 Odyssey Service Manual).
NOTE: Whenever you relieve fuel pressure, replace the two sealing washers for the fuel pulsation damper.
- Disconnect the two fuel lines (quick-disconnect fittings) from the fuel pump assembly: Hold the connector side of the fitting, squeeze the tabs on the retainer, and pull the connector off the fuel line.
- Remove the fuel pump assembly locknut with the special tool, then lift the fuel pump assembly out of the fuel tank.
- Discard the base gasket between the fuel pump assembly and the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel gauge sending unit from the fuel pump assembly.
- Install the new fuel gauge sending unit.
- Place a new base gasket around the opening in the tank, then carefully insert the fuel pump assembly into the opening.
- Install the locknut over the fuel pump assembly, then use the special tool to torque the locknut to 93 N.m (69 ft-lb).
- Remove and discard the two fuel line retainers from the top of the fuel pump assembly.
- Insert new fuel line retainers into the connector side of the quick disconnect fittings, then connect the fuel lines to the fuel pump assembly (see pages 11-218 and 11-219 of the service manual).
- Connect the 5P connector to the fuel pump assembly.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and make sure there are no leaks at the fuel lines and the base gasket.
- Turn the ignition switch off, then install the access panel, the carpet, and the seats.
- Install the fuel fill cap, and tighten it until it clicks at least three times.