October 1, 2014
BTB 51760-00166 REV2 (1410)
Moonroof Will Not Auto-Close or Reverses Direction
Supersedes 14-027, dated September 19, 2014, to revise the information highlighted in yellow.
|2015||RDX||2WD||5J8TB3…FL000001 thru 5J8TB3…FL006607|
|2015||RDX||AWD||5J8TB4…FL000001 thru 5J8TB4…FL010639|
- The affected vehicles were changed under AFFECTED VEHICLES.
- The Template ID number was changed under WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION.
Replace the right and left drain channel rod and reset the moonroof motor.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Left Drain Channel Rod||70386-TK4-A02||1|
|Right Drain Channel Rod||70381-TK4-A02||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|8141P2||Replace the right and left drain channel rod and reset the moonroof motor.||0.7 hour||14-027N||70386-TK4-A01|
Defect Code: 07403
Symptom Code: 03214
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Slide the sunshade all the way back.
- Make sure that the moonroof is completely closed.
- Pry out the cap from the link cover, then remove the screw. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Pull down the back of the link cover to release the tab from the moonroof glass bracket. Lightly pull down the front of the link cover to release the guide pin, then slide it back. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Remove the two Torx screws from the moonroof glass on each side with a Torx T25 bit.
- Remove the moonroof glass by lifting it up. Do not damage the roof panel.
NOTE: Carefully set the glass down on a clean dry shop blanket to prevent damage.
- Remove the screw from the rear of the drain channel rod. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Using a small flat-blade screwdriver, remove the forward end of the drain channel rod off the slider by lifting and pushing it inward and over the tab on the slider as shown. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Install the new drain channel rod by pushing it onto to the slider until the hole in the drain channel rod aligns with the tab on the slider. Repeat for the opposite side.
- Install the screw to connect the drain channel to the drain channel rod. Repeat for the opposite side. Make sure the rear section of the drain channel is set under the drain channel slider tab.
- Place the moonroof glass into position and install the screws finger tight.
- Position the moonroof glass so that the glass and glass roof weatherstrip are even with the roof panel. The glass and weatherstrip should be 0＋1/－1 mm (0＋04/－0.04 in) all the way around. If it is not within specification, move the glass up or down until it is.
- Torque the two Torx screws on each side to 2 N∙m (3.1 lb-ft).
- Reinstall the left and right link cover.
- Do the MOONROOF MOTOR RESET PROCEDURE.
MOONROOF MOTOR RESET PROCEDURE
- Close the driver’s door, and leave it closed until the procedure is complete.
- Make sure the vehicle is OFF.
- Push up and hold the moonroof tilt switch and then start the engine.
- Once the engine is running, release the tilt switch and turn the engine off.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4, four more times. This will clear the current position and friction data stored in the moonroof control unit.
- Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE functions still work. They should not work.
- If the AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.
- If the AUTO functions still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared. Go back to step 2 and repeat the procedure four more times.
- Slide back and hold the moonroof switch lightly to the first detent (manual open mode) until the moonroof has fully opened.
NOTE: Do not slide back the moonroof switch PAST the first detent. This is considered to be in the auto open mode and you will need to restart from step 2.
- Slide forward and hold the moonroof switch lightly to the first detent (manual close mode) until the moonroof has fully closed (moonroof glass may tilt up on the first cycle).
NOTE: Do not push forward and hold the moonroof switch past the first detent (auto close mode) as this will result in restarting from step 2.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8, nine more times. This procedure teaches the control unit the moonroof position and the friction profile.
NOTE: If the moonroof switch (open or close) is slid beyond the first detent at anytime during the nine cycles of operation, you will need to restart from step 2.
- Confirm that the moonroof works properly using the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE functions. If the moonroof does not work properly using these functions, repeat steps 1 through 9.