January 23, 2016
03049 Version 1
Product Update: 2011–14 Odyssey Vehicle Certification Label
|2011–14||Odyssey||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
The trailer hitch weight was not properly calculated into the gross axle weight rating (GAWR) on the vehicle certification label. This can create a situation where the vehicle exceeds the indicated gross axle weight rating.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory. Repair these vehicles before they are sold.
Apply the vehicle certification correction sticker and replace the Owner’s Manual.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|2011 Odyssey Owner’s Manual Kit (includes the Owner’s Manual and Sticker)||00X3A-TK8-A02||1|
|2012 Odyssey Owner’s Manual Kit (includes the Owner’s Manual and Sticker)||00X3A-TK8-A11||1|
|2013 Odyssey Owner’s Manual Kit (includes the Owner’s Manual and Sticker)||00X3A-TK8-A21||1|
|2014 Odyssey Owner’s Manual Kit (includes the Owner’s Manual and Sticker)||00X3A-TK8-A31||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|Model Year||Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Defect Code||Symptom Code||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|2011||4350A2||Apply the certification label correction sticker and replace the
Skill Level: Repair Technician
- Using rubbing alcohol and a clean shop towel, clean the certification label on the driver’s doorjamb. Allow the label to dry.
- Peel the backing off the correction sticker and apply it to the certification label in the exact position shown. Press the correction sticker to make sure it’s properly affixed.
- Start by aligning the right edge of the correction sticker with the tire size text to the right, and the bottom of the sticker with the text underneath the vehicle weight capacities. This helps ensure proper placement of the sticker.
- Avoid touching the back side of the sticker to prevent transferring oil from your skin to the adhesive on the sticker.
- Replace the Owner’s Manual with a new one. Discard the original Owner’s Manual using your dealership’s normal recycling process.