October 14, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V804000
A broken or detached gearshift pedal can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V804
Components POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected 2,181
Dealers will replace the gearshift pedal assembly, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 15, 2021. Owners may contact Honda Powersports customer service at 1-866-784-1870. Honda’s number for this recall is KM8.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
2021 CT125A – Gearshift Pedal Replacement
Honda is launching a SAFETY RECALL on CERTAIN 2021 CT125A vehicles to replace the gearshift pedal for a potential defect that may result in the failure of the gearshift pedal weld increasing the risk of a crash or injury.
CERTAIN NEW or USED 2021 CT125A.
To search for applicable recalls on a specific unit, you MUST use Unit Information on iN.
To manage your affected inventory, use your dealer eResponsibility Report on iN.
As of October 14, 2021, YOU MUST NOT SELL any affected NEW OR USED motorcycle in the AFFECTED UNIT section until it is repaired, according to this Service Bulletin.
- To search for applicable recalls on a specific unit, you must use Unit Information on iN.
- To manage your affected inventory, refer to eResponsibility Report on iN.
American Honda intends to mail customer letters to all owners of affected 2021 CT125A vehicles in November 2021. Customers will be informed that their vehicle may be affected by a safety related defect and will be advised to make an appointment with an authorized Honda dealer for repair.
Parts will be available starting November 1 2021, and can be ordered through the normal parts ordering process.
|CT125A||Set, Gear Change Pedal||06710-K2E-305||1|
* Gearshift Pedal Set Includes:
Pedal Comp, Gear Change (Qty. 1), Rubber, Gear Change Pedal (Qty. 1)
DEALER REPAIR RESPONSIBILITY
- Repairs must be performed by a qualified technician.
- Performing this repair exactly as shown in Repair Procedure instructions is critical for the remedy to be effective. Carefully follow all instructions.
- Service Management should inspect and confirm the repair.
- Dealer submission of a warranty claim affirms this repair was properly performed.
TEMPLATE CLAIM INFORMATION
After completing a recall repair, immediately submit one template claim per affected VIN using the appropriate template information below.
If you have any warranty administration questions relating to template claims and claim filing procedures, please contact: Powersports Warranty Online:
iN > Service > Warranty & HondaCare > Warranty Connect Filing
If you have any technical questions relating to the repair procedure, please contact: Powersports TechLine Online:
iN > Service > TechLine > TechLine Connect
Or call (800) 421-1900, option 9
RECALL REPAIR IDENTIFICATION
Before you begin the repair procedure, verify that the unit has not already been repaired by searching Unit Information on iN.
RECALL REPAIR PROCEDURE
Use protective tape on the right side step bracket to prevent damage to the engine covers.
Remove the four flange bolts  from the step bar .
- This step is to allow clearance for the gearshift pedal removal.
- It is not necessary to remove the flange bolts  for the cover pipe L/R
Remove gearshift pedal hex bolt  and gearshift pedal .
Install new gearshift pedal  onto the gearshift spindle .
- Make sure grooves on the gearshift spindle and gearshift pedal align.
- Make sure the gearshift pedal groove is perpendicular to the ground .
- Ensure that the gearshift pedal hole aligns with the boss on the gearshift spindle.
Install new gearshift pedal hex bolt . Tighten new bolt to 7 lbf·ft (10 N·m)
Install the four flange bolts  into the step bar . Tighten the four bolts  to 16 lbf·ft (22 N·m).
Final Check: Be sure the gearshift pedal is installed at the correct angle.
TEXT OF CUSTOMER LETTER
Customer letter forthcoming.
1 Affected Product
6 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Recall 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – 10/22/2021
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – STOP SALE NOTICE: 2021 CT125A GERSHIFT PEDAL REPLACEMENT
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – STOP SALE NOTICE: 2021 CT125A Gearshift Pedal Replacement
Latest Recalls Documents
- YOUR LIFETIME GEAR LEVER: Here’s one more motorcycle part you’ll never need to replace again. The RUTU folding dirt bike shift lever uses anti-deformation and damage-resistant materials; even if you drop your bike, your shift won’t damage!
- ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION: At WEIYINGSI, we take pride in developing the best bike shift levers on the market with time, care, and consideration. A 6061 aviation aluminum composition, 2-hour forging process, and 6-hour heat treatment ensure our levers can handle whatever you throw at them.
- LIGHTER, SLIMMER & STRONGER: Thought thicker levers were better? Unfortunately not. Most of our competitors use a die casting process, resulting in thicker levers with less strength. Instead, we use a lighter, slimmer, and more durable design preferred by regular riders and professionals alike.
- UPGRADED RIVETS & SCREWS: Improved spacers with less clearance and aluminum rivets immediately give you a better driving feel. We also opted for 304 stainless steel screws for our dirt bike shifter to offer you more corrosion resistance than the industry standard 204 stainless steel.
- PROFESSIONAL SANDBLASTED SURFACE: A frosted surface treatment means as well as your gearshift lever’s damage-resistant properties, it will also be resistant to scratches. Click “Add to Cart” and get your folding lever now.
- Fitment: XR 50 70 , Also fits most Dirt Bikes 50cc, 70cc, 110cc and 125cc SDG, BBR, SSR, Roketa,New Star, Red Barron, Pitster Pro, Sikk MX, Xtreme, Taotao, Kazuma, Yamato, Sunl Coolster
- Aftermarket Replacement parts
- 🚗【PACKAGE】1 x Motorcycle Kickstarter Shift Lever Pedal Replacement.
- 🚗【DIMENSION】Overall 10.6 x 2.1 x 1.8 inches (L*W*H), compatible with Suzuki GS/GN if applicable.
- 🚗【MATERIAL】Made of stainless steel material, durable, abrasion and rust resistant, with rubber joint cover.
- 🚗【DESIGN】A foot-actuated gear shift for motorcycle, disclosed where a lever is connected at one of its ends.
- 🚗【SERVICE】If there's any quality issue, please feel free to contact us; If there's problem with delivery, please contact the amazon service team first.
- Material: High quality flexible Rubber
- Fitment:This Gear Shift Shifter Lever Rubber is universal for Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha Bmw, for almost all of the superbike dirt bike
- A great tool to protect your shoes from damage when you shift gear.
- Size: About 4cm/1.57" long. Hole Inner Dia.: 2cm / 0.79", 0.8cm / 0.31".
- Package include: 1 pair black motorcycle kickstart rubber
- Our Motorcycle Gear Shift Heartbeat Motorist Men Women Youth Apparel is the perfect graphic tshirt clothing for motorist, biker, rider, racer or a motorcyclist women. It's a great gift idea for Birthday, Valentines or Christmas.
- People who love motorbike, motorcycle racing, braap, dirt road, motocross or a motorbiker will love this tee shirt. Great present for Men, Women, Kids, Girls or Boys.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- Brand new and high quality
- Designed to protect your footwear from scuff marks caused by the motorcycle shifter.
- Fits most sport bike/street/dirt & ATV shifters.
- Fits shifters up to: 3/4" wide and 2" long.
- Fits for: K-awasaki, S-uzuki, Y-amaha, H-onda Goldwing and many more
- Motorcycle Shoe Protector- Protect your shoes and foot, best choice for riders
- Motorcycle Gear Shift Pad- The inner and outer sides are provided with anti-slip design. Wear-resistant PVC material, plus non-slip particles, let you ride worry-free
- Non-slip hook&loop and elastic band design suitable for all kinds of shoes, regardless of the size of the shoes and whether there are shoelaces, can be used
- Motorbike Shift Pads Riding Shoe Cover- Lightweight and easy to carry, Help to change gear without damaging shoes
- Motorcycle Boots Protector- "Ⅰ" Style is different from" Ⅱ "and" Ⅲ"Style ("Ⅱ" and "Ⅲ"Style has two ways to wear)
- ❤ Premium Quality: This motorcycle gear shift pad is made of high quality rubber material, which is durable and wearable. It is not easily ruptured, which has reliable quality and long service life.
- ❤ Excellent Performance: This motorcycle gear shift pad is consists of rubber material, non-slip surface and wearable, which can effectively protect your boots or shoes from wearing and provide you with a superior using effect.
- ❤ Easy to Use: This motorcycle gear shift pad adopts adjustable elastic band and puissant velcro design, which is easy and convenient to mount. And it is comfortable to wear and durable in use, which is an ideal accessory for your motorcycle.
- ❤ Product Specification: Material: rubber, color: black with white logo, size: 29 * 11 * 8.2cm (shown as the picture), fitment: universal, package weight: approx. 50g.
- ❤ Guarantee: Our product have 180 days warranty, if you have any question about this product, please feel free to contact us, we will try our best to help you solve your problem.
- Fits: HONDA XR50 XR70 XR100 CRF50 CRF70 CRF100 Pit Bikes and their clone models
- Package Include: 1* Gear Shift Lever
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.