June 27, 2015
01258 Version 2
MIL Comes On With DTC P2176
Supersedes 14-052, dated December 17, 2014, to revise the information highlighted in yellow.
JH4KC1…EC000001 thru JH4KC1…EC002282
|With Technology Package|
|With Krell Audio Package|
|With Advance Package||JH4KC1F9.EC000001 Thru JH4KC1F9.EC002727|
Under WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION, the flat rate has been changed.
The MIL comes on with DTC P2176 (throttle actuator control system idle position not learned).
Update the PGM-FI software.
MVCI Control Module (CM) Update:
Application (FW) Version 3.01.40 or later
Database Update 12-Nov-2014 or later
HDS Software Version:
3.015.023 or later.
Do only the update listed in this service bulletin.
Check that the MVCI indicates the applicable program ID listed below (or a later program ID) as the Available Updated when the update begins.
If the MVCI displays This vehicle does not need an update at this time during the update, the software for this service bulletin is already installed.
| Program P/N
|System To Update|
|2014 RLX All Except RLX with Advance Package||9PA560||37805-R9P-A56||PGM-FI|
|2014 RLX with Advance Package||9PA660||37805-R9P-A66||PGM-FI|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|125517||Update PGM-FI software.||0.2 hr||14-052N||37820-R9P-A55|
Defect Code: 03214
Symptom Code: 03203
Skill Level: Repair Technician
Review the PGM-FI freeze data with the HDS.
- If ECT Sensor 1 reads about 158° F (70° C), go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- If ECT Sensor 1 does not read about 158° F (70° C), this service bulletin does not apply. Continue with normal troubleshooting.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. offers SAE J2534 compliant reprogramming software for Honda and Acura vehicles FREE of charge. This J2534 software, when used with a properly built J2534 pass-thru device , will automatically check for the latest vehicle calibration information.
Do NOT program a control module unless you are directed by a service procedure or an applicable Honda/Acura Service Bulletin. Control Module updating should only be undertaken by a skilled professional using proper equipment and procedures, or module damage can occur. The process of updating to the latest software not associated with a specific symptom may not resolve other specific customer concerns. Unauthorized or self-directed programming may cause unintended and irreversible effects and lead to vehicle harm and/or customer dissatisfaction.
American Honda urges end users to always use the LATEST production release of the J2534 Honda Reprogramming software. Using the latest version of the software is the best way to ensure successful reprogramming of applicable control modules.
It is possible to damage the vehicle’s electronic control modules during reprogramming. Ensure the following conditions are met BEFORE programming a control module:
- The vehicle battery must be fully charged before programming the control module. Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming.
- Turn OFF or disable any system that may put a load on the vehicle battery.
- Make certain all tool connections are secure. Do NOT disturb the tool harnesses while programming. If an interruption occurs during the programming procedure, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
THE ON-SCREEN REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE MUST BE FOLLOWED EXACTLY AS OUTLINED BY THE SOFTWARE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL CAUSE THE REPROGRAMMING TO FAIL.
Some modules may require additional programming/setup events performed before or after programming. Please refer to the appropriate Service Bulletins for details. (e.g. IMA Battery Module)
The information in Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. American Honda reserves the right to supersede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through American Honda’s on-line technical resources.
Warning: Certain control module systems require special procedures and or hardware to be properly reprogrammed. Before proceeding ahead, check the vehicle list below.
- 2013 Honda Accord – All Models (VSA System)
- 2011–13 Odyssey – Warranty Extension: MIL Comes On With DTCs P0301 Through P0304
- 2011-2012 Odyssey Touring and Touring Elite – Surge, Hesitation, or Judder on Upshifts