May 23, 2009
Applies To: See VEHICLES AFFECTED
MIL Comes On With DTC P0456
(Supersedes 08-013, dated March 14, 2008, to revise the information marked by the black bars)
Under VEHICLES AFFECTED, the VIN ranges for 2008 models have changed.
The MIL is on with DTC P0456 (EVAP system very small leak detected).
Make sure you torque the bolts in the proper order and to the proper torque, or the new purge valve may leak (see REPAIR PROCEDURE).
|EVAP Canister Purge Valve:||36162-RNA-A01||8048126|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
Operation Number: 1201D0
Flat Rate Time: 0.4 hour
Failed Part: P/N 36162-RNA-A01 H/C 8048126
Defect Code: 03217
Symptom Code: 03203
Skill Level: Repair Technician
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Parts and Service Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
NOTE: Be careful not to break the inlet port when disconnecting the hose.
- Connect a hand-held vacuum pump to the EVAP canister purge valve.
- Apply 5 in. Hg of vacuum to the purge valve, then watch the gauge.
Yes – Disregard this bulletin and continue with normal troubleshooting.
No – Go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
- Remove the cowl cover.
- Disconnect the 2P connector from the EVAP canister purge valve.
- Remove the two bolts securing the EVAP canister purge valve, then remove the valve.
- Install the new EVAP canister purge valve onto the throttle body with a new O-ring.
NOTE: Make sure the valve is completely pushed into the throttle body port (not tilted).
- Tighten the mounting bolts by hand first.
- Torque the bolts in the order shown above to 26 lb-in (pound-inches, not pound-feet).
- Reconnect the 2P connector and hose, then reinstall the cowl cover.