July 30, 2021
Supersedes 21-027, dated March 26, 2021, to revise the information highlighted in yellow
|Year||Model||Trim Level||VIN Range|
|2019||Accord 2.0T||ALL||Check the iN VIN status for eligibility.|
Under REPAIR PROCEDURE, steps 17, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 36 were revised.
Due to swelling of the fuel pump motor impeller, the fuel pump may seize and stop working. If this occurs, the check engine light may be displayed with DTC P0087 (Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low) stored, the engine may not start, or the engine could stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Owners of affected vehicles will be sent a notification of this campaign.
Do an iN VIN status inquiry to make sure the vehicle is shown as eligible.
Some vehicles affected by this campaign may be in your new or used vehicle inventory.
Failure to repair a vehicle subject to a recall or campaign may subject your dealership to claims or lawsuits from the customer or anyone else harmed as a result of such failure. To see if a vehicle in inventory is affected by this safety recall, do a VIN status inquiry before selling it.
Replace the fuel pump motor.
NOTE: If the vehicle has any of the symptoms listed in BACKGROUND, you must apply this bulletin before attempting any other repairs. If the symptoms remain after the recall repair is complete, only attempt further repairs (such as replacing the high pressure fuel pump) after authorized troubleshooting.
NOTE: Due to limited supply, this is a controlled part and will require a valid VIN when ordering.
|Part Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Fuel Pump Motor Kit||06170-TVC-306||1|
For dealers experiencing a strong fuel smell from storing a fuel pump motor replaced under this service bulletin, the fuel pump motor may be disposed of immediately in accordance with local regulations. This only applies to the fuel pump motor replaced under this service bulletin. The published retention policy remains in effect for all other parts. If you have any questions about this exception or other parts retention issues, contact the WPI Administrative Office at 937-642-2737.
|Tool Name||Part Number||Quantity|
|Fuel Sender Wrench||070AA-TLA0100||1|
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
|Operation Number||Description||Flat Rate Time||Defect Code||Symptom Code||Template ID||Failed Part Number|
|3101HK||Replace the fuel pump motor.||1.2 hr||6FE00||FA800||A21027A||17045-TVC-A03|
Skill Level: Repair Technician
Fuel pump motor removal exposes fuel, which can ignite, causing a fire or explosion.
This can cause serious injury or death.
Always work in a well-ventilated area and keep sparks or open flames away.
- Insert the emergency fuel fill funnel into the fuel filler neck to relieve the pressure in the fuel tank.
NOTE: The emergency fuel fill funnel is in the trunk tool box.
- Remove PGM-FI main relay 2.
- Start the engine, and let it idle until it stalls.
- Turn the ignition to OFF.
- Install PGM-FI main relay 2.
- Disconnect both 12-volt battery terminals.
- Always disconnect the negative terminal first.
- To protect the terminal connector from damage, do not hold it when removing the terminal.
- Do not disconnect the 12-volt battery sensor from the cable.
- Remove the trunk floor cover.
- Fold down the left- and right-rear seat-backs.
- Remove the clip, then turn over the rear seat-back cover.
- Remove the bolt.
- Fold up the left- and right-rear seat-backs.
With rear seat heaters: Disconnect the connector.
- Set the fuel sender wrench (070AA-TLA0100) as shown.
- Turn the fuel tank unit cam lock ring counterclockwise to unlock it.
- Remove the fuel tank unit.
NOTE: Make sure not to bend or twist the fuel level sensor arm excessively.
- Prepare the fuel pump and parts to be replaced.
NOTE: Take a photo of the fuel tube and wire harness, and note their routing for assembly. There are various types of routing.
- Spread the wire harness clamps, and remove the wire harness. Make sure not to damage the wire harness.
Do not spread the clamps too wide. Spreading them too wide may damage them.
- Press the tab on the fuel level sensor to release the lock. Then, push up on the fuel level sensor.
- Disconnect the fuel level sensor harness, and remove the fuel level sensor from the fuel tank unit.
- Remove the E-ring, and discard it.
- Remove the fuel filter assembly from the reservoir by releasing the three clips.
NOTE: The spring may slide off the sliding shaft. Retain this spring. It will be used during assembly.
Do not spread the clips too wide. Spreading them too wide may damage them.
- Release the three clips at the base of the fuel pump assembly and remove it from the fuel filter.
- Pull the fuel pump assembly out of the fuel filter.
- Install the new spacer on the new fuel pump motor.
- Install the new O-ring, then lubricate the outside edge of it, use only clean engine oil.
NOTE: Do not pinch the O-ring during installation.
- Install the new harness and make sure the connection is secure and the connectors are firmly locked into place.
- Place the fuel pump on a bench, then install the filter to the fuel pump.
- Install the fuel filter assembly to the reservoir.
- Do not pinch the O-ring during installation.
- Insert the spring into the sliding shaft, and make sure it is lined up when installing the fuel filter.
- Make sure to route the fuel tube exactly as shown in the photo taken before disassembly.
- Make sure the three clips are fully engaged.
- Install the new E-ring.
NOTE: After installation, make sure the E-ring can be rotated with your finger. If it cannot be rotated, the E-ring may not be fully seated or may be incorrectly installed.
- Install the fuel level sensor to the reservoir. Make sure the lock is engaged.
NOTE: When installing the fuel level sensor, make sure the connection is secure and the connector is firmly locked into place. Be careful not to bend or twist it excessively.
- Install the wiring harness to the clamps.
- Clip in the smaller harness wires followed by the larger wires.
- Make sure not to damage the wire harness.
- Make sure to route the wire harness exactly as shown in the photo taken before disassembly.
- Do not spread the clamps too wide. Spreading them too wide may damage them.
- While compressing the fuel tank unit, make sure the movement is smooth and the fuel tube and wiring harness do not stretch, pinch, or bind.
- Be careful not to damage the O-ring.
- Do not coat the O-ring with any oil.
- Line up the tab of the fuel tank unit as shown, and partially install the new fuel tank unit cam lock ring with a new O-ring.
- Be careful not to damage the O-ring.
- Do not coat the O-ring with any oil.
- Turn the fuel tank unit cam lock ring by hand, and slide the fuel tank unit cam lock tabs to the positioning edge as shown.
Make sure the fuel cam lock ring is not floating. If the cam lock ring is not properly installed, the fuel tank can be damaged and will require replacement.
- Keep the fuel sender wrench from floating.
- Securely set the positioning edge of the fuel tank to the tabs on the cam lock ring as shown.
- Remove the quick-connect fitting retainer from the fuel tank unit, then install a new retainer onto the quick- connect fitting.
- Connect the fuel tank unit connector.
- Connect the 12-volt battery terminals.
- Turn the ignition to ON, but do not turn the engine on. After the fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, the fuel line will be pressurized. Repeat this two or three times, then make sure there is no fuel leakage.
- Install the fuel tank unit access panel.
- Install the remaining parts in the reverse order of removal.
- Clear all DTCs using an i-HDS.
- Do the VSA Sensor Neutral Position Memorization procedure.
- California residents only: Fill out a Vehicle Emissions Recall – Proof of Correction certificate, and use FA8 as the recall number. Have the service advisor give the certificate to your customer, and advise him or her to keep it as proof that the recall was completed. Your customer will need to submit this certificate to the DMV only if the DMV requests it. If you need more certificates, use reorder number Y0657.
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Remedy Instructions and TSB
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- 2019 Accord 2.0T
- Product Type: Cleaning Agent
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L X 5.842 W X 20.32 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Package Weight: 0.85 Pounds
- Removes harmful deposits that accumulate from normal use
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: Lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: Rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: Cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- Magical Cookbook: New Official MagicalButter Cookbook highlights most popular recipes included
- Easy to use: At the touch of a button with our Microprocessor-controlled program sequences, enjoy great-tasting, healthy foods, or make natural skin-care products
- Endless Recipes: Make your recipes Bolder: Brownies, Cookies, Smoothies, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Candies, Seafood, Marinades, Meats, Beverages, Lotions and Salves, and much more
- Easy to Clean: Fully automatic with 1,2,4,8 hour and cleaning cycles
- Warranty: 1 Year warranty for all MagicalButter Machines
- [ ALL IN ONE ] - Chief or non-cooker? No worries! Ardent FX allows you to Decarboxylate, Infuse, Melt, and Bake treats inside the same device, streamlining all the processes only with the push of a button
- [ QUALITY DESIGN ] - Made out of high-grade material, it is a more refined and premium product. Plus, 4 times bigger than Nova, it can take up to 4 oz of material and gives its user the freedom to create even large volumes
- [ EASY TO USE ] - It is very easy to use as it just needs to switch between various modes by pressing the “M” button and starting the cycle by pressing the Ardent “A” button and includes a detachable base for easy cleanup
- [ SMELL PROOF ] - Are you looking for a decarboxylator that is smell proof and prevents your space from stinking up? The silicone lid and tight new and improved cover of Ardent FX trap the smell making it virtually odorless
- [ WORRY-FREE ] - At Ardent, we stand behind our products and provide a one-year warranty on the FX for electronic and manufacturing defects of the FX body, electric and heating components, inner container, lid, and cover
- MORE CODES: To understand the problem with your vehicle you need the complete picture. With an up-to-date modern scan tool, you scan deeper to read, understand, and clear more codes. Access information normally only available to professional mechanics on their most expensive scan tools.
- REAL FIXES: Get unlimited vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians. Save time and money.
- NO CORDS: All the capabilities of an expensive scan tool (extended vehicle coverage, live data, etc.) combined with the power and convenience of your smartphone or tablet. No cords, no subscriptions, and regular free updates.
- LIVE DATA: View live data and monitor your vehicle’s health in real time. Configure the data sources, customize your view with various displays and colours, and log and export live data as a file.
- BlueDriver is proudly American owned and is the OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by professional mechanics and developed and supported by Professional Engineers.
- SNR357 - Sleek black, heavy-weight, full-metal body
- FUELED BY A 12-GRAM CO2 CARTRIDGE - Delivers speeds up to 400 fps with BBs and 500 fps with .177 caliber pellets
- COMPATIBLE WITH .177-CALIBER PELLETS OR TRADITIONAL STEEL BBs - Includes 6 reusable BB cartridges and 6 reusable pellet cartridges (BBs and pellets not included)
- SLIDE SAFETY - To ensure proper and safe handling
- FIXED BLADE FRONT SIGHT AND ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT - To stay on target
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.