November 29, 1999
1994 – 00 Integra – ALL
Front Seat(s) Are Hard to Adjust
The driver and/or passenger front seat is difficult to adjust forward and backward.
The inner or outer seat track is not in alignment.
Shim the seat track.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
In warranty: The normal warranty applies.
|OP #||Description||FRT||Template ID|
|852303||Shim seat track (one seat)||0.4||99-048A|
|852304||Shim seat track (two seats)||0.8||99-048B|
|Failed part:||P/N 81260-ST7-A03|
|Skill level:||Repair Technician|
Out of warranty: Any repair performed after warranty expiration may be eligible for goodwill consideration by the District Technical Manager or your Zone Office. You must request consideration, and get a decision, before starting work.
- Remove the seat track end covers.
- Adjust the seat forward or backward to the approximate mid-point of the seat track travel.
- Sit in the seat, and move it backward and forward,making sure both seat tracks are latched.
- Loosen all four mounting bolts several turns.
- Wiggle the seat backward and forward and side to side until you see a gap at one of the four mounting points.
- Tighten the other three mounting bolts until the yare snug, then remove the mounting bolt from the mounting point with the gap.
- Use a vernier caliper to measure the mounting point gap you noticed in step 5.
- Subtract 2.5 mm from the gap measurement toallow for the thickness of the seat track. Select the proper suspension alignment shim(s) to take up the measured gap. Do not exceed 5 mm.
NOTE: Alignment shim thickness is normally measured in fractions of an inch. Use this table to select the proper shim thickness.
|Calculated gap||Shim thickness|
|1.5 – 1.9 mm||1/16 in.|
|2.0 – 2.5 mm||3/32 in.|
|2.6 – 3.3 mm||1/8 in.|
|3.4 – 4.2 mm||5/32 in.|
|4.3 – 5.0 mm||3/16 in.|
- Reinstall the mounting bolt, placing the shim(s) over the mounting bolt between the seat track and the mounting boss. Position the shim(s) to prevent poor appearance.
- Torque all four seat track mounting bolts to 34 N⋅m (25 lb-ft).
- Check the operation of the seat, making sure itslides smoothly and releases easily.
- Reinstall the seat track end covers.
- Repeat steps 1 through 12 for the other front seatif needed.